outlook.live.com’s server DNS address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I haven't been able to access my hotmail.com account for the past 3 weeks.  Sometimes works sometimes doesn't.  Most times I get this crazy message

outlook.live.com’s server DNS address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Neither Firefox or Chrome work.

My phone is unaffected.

This began, I believe, when the formatting in outlook.live changed.

I can access accounts.live.com but when I try to "view inbox" most times I get the error message.

I pay the $35 yearly fee for a high capacity ad free account and I'm heavily invested in my email address but my work is suffering as I constantly try to do remote searches on my phone because I cannot access my email account.

Nothing has changed in terms of our internet access.  Work at a small company with only a basic modem and router to manage about 6 stations.

Nobody touches network settings.  The most we do is unplug the router and modem from time to time to reboot it.

I recently - last 4 days - renewed Norton but that has not helped either.

Problem exists on XP and Windows 7.

Help .  Please.

Answer
Answer
Hello, try changing your DNS to a public DNS I recommend to use Google public DNS. Preferred 8.8.8.8 and Alternate 8.8.4.4  
Kindly visit this link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows8_1-networking/how-to-change-ipv4-dns-server-address-to-public/56548e8d-eb9c-4fc5-807c-eefca5d278d0 for your reference.

168 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 50,130 Applies to: