Outlook.com has stopped fowarding mail to Gmail

Anyone else seeing this issue lately?

Most (not all) of mail sent to my Outlook.com account recently stopped being forwarded to my Gmail account. This started happening sometime around the beginning of August (2017). 

I stopped the forwarding service and then re-starting forwarding, but it's still not working. 

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

For us to verify if this is an issue with the account or settings, we need to confirm some information. Please answer the questions below:

• Any changes that took place in your computer before this issue occurred?
  • Are you receiving any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps:

1. Remove your Gmail account from the forwarding list and click on Stop forwarding on the mail settings.

2. Sign out from your account and then close the Outlook site.

3. Clear the cache, and cookies of your browser.
4. Try to access your email using a different web browser.

5. Re-add your Gmail account from the mail settings and click on Start forwarding.

Please check if you will be able to forward your emails. If still the same, please try to set up the email forwarding option using another account and check if emails will go through. If emails are received, then the problem resides within Gmail.

Please reply with the required information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you.

I have many computers and devices that access these cloud-based services (Gmail & Outlook.com), so this problem isn't related to any single device. It just started happening about a week ago, and of course, since this is a cloud based service, the results are the same regardless which device I'm using. 

I am not receiving any error messages. 

I can manually forward my emails to my Gmail account, but then, what's the point of that (other than to avoid having my important emails scattered across two different services). 

As you have suggested, I have already tried that. I stopped forwarding to my Gmail account. Logged out. Cleared cache. Re-enabled forwarding. It does not work. I even repeated this operation using multiple browsers and at least 2 different PCs. The problem is still clearly there.

Also, as you've suggested, I tried to setup forwarding to a different email account (not Gmail). I also does NOT WORK. 

Email forwarding is broken on my account.

I moved away from Outlook.com after the many problems I've had with the service, and with MS abandoning Windows Phone - where I switched to Android. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also just tried this.

I created a rule to forward to Gmail.

The conditions I used were simply:
"after message arrives and the message was sent to "my outlook.com email" 
"forward message to "my gmail address" 

Maybe I did this wrong, but it also does not work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm talking to myself here.

I spoke too soon. The Rule DOES WORK. It just had a bit of a long delay. BUT, when I use this solution all the messages that show up in my Gmail account will appear to come from me (just as a traditional email forward would). Using this solution, eventually, most of the mail in my Gmail inbox will all have the same sender, me, and many of the Gmail filters I've setup won't work correctly. 

Using Outlook.com global forwarding won't make all the mail look like it's coming from me in my Gmail inbox. So I don't think that making a rule is a real solution here.

I should mention that I had global forwarding set from my Gmail account to Outlook for YEARS, while I living the MS/Outlook/Windows Phone ecosystem. Gmail never had a problem like this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Most (not all) of mail sent to my Outlook.com account recently stopped being forwarded to my Gmail account. This started happening sometime around the beginning of August (2017). 

I stopped the forwarding service and then re-starting forwarding, but it's still not working. 

I don't have any Gmail accounts in Outlook.com. I do however have two more Microsoft Accounts and I have them forwarded to me. Both have stopped forwarding mail in the last month. I really depend on the forwarding service and it has always been rock solid until recently. I have done many of the things you did and so far nothing has helped.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think they might have resolved the issue. I was having the same issue but in the last 30min or so, the forward service has been working again. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to us. Let us check again how your email rules was set up. Please check if the steps provided below are the ones that you have tried on your end:

1. Go to https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/options/mail and sign in to your account.

2. Under Mail settings, click on Inbox and sweep rules.

3. Click on the Add sign (+) beside the pencil icon.

4. You can edit the name. Under When the message arrives, and it matches all the conditions drop-down list, click on Apply to all messages. You can change it depending on your preferred settings.

5. Under Do all of the following select Forward, redirect, or send.

6. Click on Forward the message to...

7. You can then provide your Gmail email address.

8. Click on OK.

Once done, please check if you will encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Global forwarding still isn't working for me. I just tested it again today (8/20/17).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Anna,

I don't think you read my thread well. I WAS able to get forwarding (by rule) to work. The problem with this "solution" is that in all the forwarded mail, the sender is ME.  With the global forwarding, the sender appears in your inbox as the actual sender. When I tried to forward by rule, the sender is me; such that my inbox will be full of messages that appear to be coming from me.

That is no solution.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Global forwarding still isn't working for me. I just tested it again today (8/20/17).

Mine is brutally slow. And you're right. Seems these people telling you to set up the forwarding rule isn't reading the actual issue. 

All this is so strange. I have two hotmail accounts and one is my "formal" account. Emails to the formal account is forwarded to my informal account that's set up with all these folder rules. However I'm noticing now, even when the email gets forwarded like hours later, the rules for those emails aren't being run. Ah this is so frustrating. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 15, 2021 Views 1,232 Applies to: