Outlook.com email not sending on iPad

HI

I recently talked my Aunt into switching to outlook.com for her email. I set up her account in Office 2010 with the Hotmail connector, and set up the account on her iPad. 

It worked on her iPad for about 24 hours, then stopped sending. It receives OK. I have deleted and recreated the account on the iPad, tried setting up custom SMTP server settings on it, and checked every other setting I can think of, yet I just get the error "Cannot Send Mail" and the messages sit in the outbox. She has a gmail account, and a couple of Bigpond (ISP) accounts that all work fine.

Any ideas on why this would be the case? I have tried both Exchange and Hotmail settings, and she is running latest IOS version.

Thanks

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi MattPaton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. Let me assist you with your concern about being unable to send email using an iPad.

Please verify if being unable to send email also occured using a web browser. If the issue also persists using a web browser, provide us the exact error message.

I will still suggest that you try to reconfigure your account by removing and adding the account again to your mobile device by following the steps in this link.

Let us know for any results. If you have questions and clarifications, don't hesitate to post back here.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

I had already tried removing and readding the account. I even tried the account on another device with the same result. 

I could log into the web interface from the iPad and it worked perfectly. I did find last night though, that when I logged in from my PC, I was prompted to verify the account by typing in a code. Once that was done, the iPad email client then worked.

It was concerning that logging into Webmail on the iPad didnt prompt to verify, and that the error did not say anything about needing verification.

Thanks
Matt

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I face the same issue and I followed the same steps, trying even to reboot the iPad.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi jf legourd,

Thank you for posting here in this forum. I'm happy to assist you regarding your concern about not being able to send email using iPad device.

I know how frustrating it is not being able to send emails from your iPad. While doing those steps, did you encounter any error? If yes, please provide us the exact error message. Please also provide us the detailed steps that you did that lead to this scenario, this will help us in resolving your issue.

We also like to ask for your iPad's OS version and the affected email account. Please provide them in the private message that I will create for you.

I've provided a private message where you can put the email address and other personal information. Please make sure that you are currently signed in to view the private message and reply on this post to notify us.

Note: You can open the private message by clicking the red link above your post that says

"You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages section."

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the same problems sending with outlook.com.  I have tried all your above suggestions with no luck.

I  have my email set up to my zen.co.uk account as well and I can send the same messages by Zen (my ISP) with no problem,  Zen is pop3, outlook.com is imap so what am I or outlook.com doing wrong?

It is my wife's ipad and she wanted to be able to get get mail that doesn't get caught by our outlook on our desktop computer, hence the outlook.com account.  It worked well for about three days and now it won't send.

I hope you can help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi John A D,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and let me assist you configure your wife's account to her iPad so she can send email messages again. To begin with, this happens when the account went out of sync with the device, or the mail server settings were not configured properly.

If reconfiguring the account didn't help, I advise that you try other solutions provided below:

• Ensure that the mail server settings are properly configured. Refer to this link for the values: Send and receive Outlook.com email from an app
  • Set the Mail days to sync to a shorter timeframe since this will eliminate any bandwidth issues.
  • Moving the emails from inbox to a temp folder. This is to determine if there are corrupted emails causing synchronization problems.

Let us know if the above steps worked or if you have other questions that need to be addressed.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having issues with outlook .com on my ipad.

I can receive only on ipad and online.

The error I receive on my ipad is server rejected this mail

The online version requires me to input certain letters and numbers (antispam) which I cannot get past even though I have inputted them correctly.

I have deleted and reinstalled on the ipad and I have also reset my password with no success.

please advise

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same issue. Seems to be related with the anti spam ID off Microsoft. I went on Microsoft we aspire and were adopted to enter 8 letters. I tried 20 times. It NEVER worked and keeps on asking for a new verification code. 

This anti spam is a nightmare and is preventing me from using my account. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Trying to send e mail from I pad doesn't seem to work. Don't know how to fix 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How do you sync mail on an iPad from a hotmail account?  My son wrote a note for his father and it won't send.  I don't want to lose the email in syncing and reconfiguring.  I can't open the email, I can't access it, it won't send.  I can see two emails in the Outbox but cannot find a way to force the send.  It's been there for hours.  Please help.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 1,016 Applies to: