Can't reply to or send email from my iPad

I cannot reply to or send emails from my iPad. I can do both from my PC. I do receive and can open new email.  I tried resetting (turning off and restarting) the iPad, but that did not help. I don't want to reset all the way back to factory conditions as I will lose too much data. The problem began when the account was upgraded.

i am about ready to scrap Hotmail/Outlook and try Yahoo. This type of thing seems to happen every time you upgrade.

i compose on the iPad and email to myself when I work. I really need email that works reliably.

Hope you can help.

***Post moved by moderator to appropriate forum category***

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2019 Views 1,116 Applies to:

Hi,  

Welcome to Microsoft Community!

I understand that you were unable to reply to or send email on your iPad.  Let me assist you with your concern.  Microsoft is aware that some users where having trouble sending emails using your iPad.  We apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. Please be informed that our Product Group is currently investigating this issue and we will need some information from them which are essential on the investigation process. We need you to provide the following information:

• Affected Microsoft Account
  • Specific browser and its version
  • Do you encounter the same problem when using different device or browser on the mobile device?

As a workaround, you can navigate through emails on your mobile device but you will need to send emails on the PC site or use a mail app on your iPad.

Kindly provide the above needed information on the private message that I have started. To view the private message, log in first to the Microsoft Community, go to this thread and click the "You have a private reply to this message" link above your post.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.  

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the opposite problem. I can reply on the ipad but not on the PC. What can I do ?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have same problem.  It arose after I did a reset to stop Safari from shutting down unexpectedly .  I have a first gen iPad  upgraded as far as possible (ver. 5.1).  Can you help?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have reinstalled three times without success. Fix?

Account: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 

Sorry this didn't help.