I use Thunderbird as my mail client.
I have several mail accounts, including my personal hotmail account and the hotmail account I use as Microsoft Account for work (and several other non-Microsoft accounts)
Since a few days I can no longer connect to that second hotmail account.
The error I get is:
Sending of password for user *** Email address is removed for privacy *** did not succeed. Mail server pop-mail.outlook.com responded: Authentication failure: unknown user name or bad password. [Error="AuthFailed:LogonDenied-FederatedStsUnreachable-<X-forwarded-for:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx><ADFS-Business-584ms>failed logon error - STSFailure - '<S:Fault xmlns:S='http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope'><S:Code><S:Value>S:Sender</S:Value><S:Subcode><S:Value>wst:InvalidRequest</S:Value></S:Subcode></S:Code><S:Reason><S:Text xml:lang='en-US'>Invalid Request</S:Text></S:Reason><S:Detail><psf:error xmlns:psf='http://schemas.microsoft.com/Passport/S]
I edited out my email-address and my IP-address .
A few thing of interest:
* The first hotmail account (that still works) has been transferred to the new outlook.com system a long time ago.
* The second hotmail account has only been transferred recently (even though it is older than the other one)
* I check the Thunderbird settings of the 2 accounts. They are identical - apart from username and password
* I tried to log in at the outlook.com website. That still works.
* I checked if POP is still activated on outlook.com. It is.
* I changed my outlook.com password
* I removed the old password from my Thunderbird, and tried with the new one. No success.
* I removed the account from Thunderbird
* I tried to recreate the account in Thunderbird with POP. Thunderbird doesn't want to add it: "configuration could not be verified - is the username or password wrong?"
* I tried to recreate the account in Thunderbird with IMAP. Thunderbird doesn't want to add it:"configuration could not be verified - is the username or password wrong?"
Nothing works so far.