Outlook email sub accounts

I have just created a sub account in my Yahoo email system and successfully (?) created the same in Outlook 2010 which I prefer to use instead of Yahoo as my main email system. My main account in Outlook is a POP3 type but the sub account has, by default it seems, been created as a IMAP type. This Account type IMAP is greyed out in the Server Information Account Type box in the internet email settings window in Outlook so cannot be changed.

Is it of any importance that the two account types are different and could this be the reason why a message appears saying that 'Your IMAP server has closed the connection' every now and then? The new sub account still seems to work OK despite the message. Is there anything to worry about or to be done to rectify matters?

Answer
Answer

Eric

I suspect this is related to MS Office Outlook and not outlook.com (browser based) where you posted this.  If I am correct please repost this in the MS Office category for the version you have by using the category tab at the top of the page 

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 359 Applies to: