Connected a Roadrunner account to Outlook.com, after updating no mail or folder showing up.

I connected a socal.rr.com account to outlook.com (web based) utilizing Internet Explorer. Followed instructions per the "add all your email accounts to Outlook.com" help page. The connected accounts screen lists it under manage your accounts and status as up to date. No folders or emails have shown up, only the outlook.com inbox, junk mail, drafts etc. are visible. Thanks in advance for your help.......

Hi Jay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, since you are using Internet explorer I suggest you to delete cache, browsing history & check if the issue persists.

For more information follow the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11

If the issue persists, try using different browser & check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Mohammed for your reply. I tried all your suggestions without success. I even tried it in Chrome and Edge although I'm not quite ready to give up IE. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Please see the following screen shots

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Allan,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the screenshot, I understand that you have configured you roadrunner account in Outlook preview but no folder are shown up.

As initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to remove your roadrunner account from Outlook preview & re-add, check if the folders are shown up.

While configuring account select option “Create new folder for imported email, with sub folders like in the account in connect” & follow the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After following your latest instructions, you can see from the screen shot I now have a "rr mail account folder. Unfortunately there is no mail in it. I have waited a couple of days to see if some would migrate as I have read it can take some time for this to happen. Also, whenever I open the connected accounts page and click on the edit (pencil)  Icon to open account information I notice the password field is empty. I add the password and click save but next time I visit the page it is gone again.  I does not appear my password is being saved. Could this be causing the "no mail problem"? Again thanks for your help.......

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jay, 

Thank you for keeping us posted. 

Before we collect the account details and start investigating what is not working the way it should, I suggest you to contact the socal.rr.com team and check if there are some prerequisites. Also I suggest you to check if you experience the same issue in Different browsers as well. 

Please get back to us with the updated status so that we can assist you further. 

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It works.....Took a while for the mail to migrate. Thank you for all the help. One more question, Is there a way to designate which folder opens first. I would like the RR account to open first but the default is the Outlook.com account. I do not see an option.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 400 Applies to: