O365 calendar integration with WordPress

Hello,
I wondered if anyone had a solution to my problem.

I have a work calendar hosted in Outlook/Office 365. This calendar displays both staff only and public events.

On our old website (custom coded), we were able to only display public events - filtered by category - on our front-facing website and have both public and staff events display on a back end. Both staff and public events were within the same calendar.

I have added a Calendar Embed URL component on our WordPress site however, it displays every event - you are unable to make any changes to the view or filter results.

Does anyone know if there is a way of displaying events based on a category or permission within WordPress? Maybe a plugin or something. Sorry if this makes no sense or is more of a wordpress question.

Thanks in advance.
Hello L

First, in the interests of full disclosure, not going to pretend I have any direct experience with adding an Outlook based calendar plugin to my wordpress site.

On the following blog is a listing of the top 11 WP calendar plugins (in the that author's view) - where several include "filtering options" which from your description sounds like what you're looking for and may be worth investigating. In any case, that functionality would be WP plugin based and not related to the Outlook calendar itself

11 Best WordPress Calendar Plugins to Keep Track of Events
https://www.cloudways.com/blog/best-wordpress-c...

Required Forum Disclaimer: The above link is a non-Microsoft website. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Karl Timmermans (Outlook MVP 2012-2018)
http://www.contactgenie.info

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2021 Views 2,626 Applies to: