list of holidays for my local country is not showing

Hi,

Please help me out here. I have been trying to add a list of public holidays in my current country, but when I access my calendar through outlook.com, the list of public holidays does not show up. 

I have tried adding the holiday calendar via the drop down menu on the top, but the list does not show up. Instead an error message: "The list of holiday calendars isn't currently available. Please try again later".

I found this very strange, as i have tried logging into my other outlook accounts via my pc and they all do not have this problem. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. I have tried contacting microsoft online chat support and tried calling them for technical support but they have been pushing me around the various departments saying they do not handle my technical query.

Hello Ryan,

Adding a holiday calendar through Outlook.com can be done by selecting your country on the list. Before we proceed, we would like to know more details about your concern. We would appreciate it if you could tell us the following:

• Where did you try to add the holiday calendar?
  • Are you referring to Outlook through the web?
  • Have tried to use another browser and check if you will still encounter the same error?
  • Are you able to select your country on the list?
  • What is the country that you are trying to select?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there, 

Thank you for your reply.

These are the answers to your clarifications:

• Where did you try to add the holiday calendar? - through outlook.com on the internet browser.
  • Are you referring to Outlook through the web? - Yes.
  • Have tried to use another browser and check if you will still encounter the same error? - Yes.
  • Are you able to select your country on the list? -
    • No. Whenever i tried clicking add "holiday calendar" under the "add calendar" drop-down button on top, it just displays the message: "The list of holiday calendars isn't currently available. Please try again later". It does not even display the list of countries for the holiday calendar, which my other accounts show. 
    • I have tried logging in to my other outlook email accounts via the same browser, but they all have no issues with locating the list of countries and adding the holiday calendar.
  • What is the country that you are trying to select? - Singapore.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This problem can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• Corrupted items in the user's Calendar
  • Corrupted custom views
  • Corrupted navigation pane settings

We suggest that you follow the steps below to help resolve your concern.

Note:
Before you perform these steps, make sure that the user has an Outlook profile set up.

Run the Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook (CalCheck). To do this, follow these steps:

1. Download and install CalCheck from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28786.
  2. Open the Command Prompt by pressing Windows key+X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
  3. Type calcheck -f -r.
    Note: This command creates a CalCheck folder, moves error items that it flags to the folder, generates a report, and then sends the report to the Inbox.

4. Review the items that are flagged by CalCheck. If they are no longer necessary, remove them.

Exit Outlook (if it's running), and then do the following.

Note: If you don’t have access to an Outlook for Windows client, contact Office 365 Support.

1. Click Start, type outlook /resetnavpane in the search box, and then press Enter.

Note: After you run this command, you must restore any previously shared calendars to the user's Outlook profile.
  2. Click Start, type outlook /cleanviews in the search box, and then press Enter.
  3. Start Outlook on the web, and then try to access the Calendar again.

Let us know how it goes and we'll give you further assistance if needed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

thank you for your suggestion mr lau, however i have been unable to downlod and run the program you have suggested. 

i have tried an alternative method of adding the holoday calendara via my outlook desktop app on my computer and it works. 

I suspect the issue is on the outlook.com end. I have tried adding holiday calendar via the same outlook.com account and it works.

However, it really bugs me that until now, accessing the same outlook.com account via my web broswer still does not show the list of holiday calendars for me to add to my calendar.

please advise.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can try to turn off any third-party antivirus and try to check if you can set Singapore Holiday calendar on your Outlook.com. It might block some activities that you are trying to do through the web.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you follow the provided workarounds below:

1. Open Internet Explorer and try to delete your browser history.
  2. Sign out and sign back in into your Outlook.com email account.
  3. Check if you can add a Holiday Calendar.

We are looking forward to your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can try to turn off any third-party antivirus and try to check if you can set Singapore Holiday calendar on your Outlook.com. It might block some activities that you are trying to do through the web.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you follow the provided workarounds below:

1. Open Internet Explorer and try to delete your browser history.
  2. Sign out and sign back in into your Outlook.com email account.
  3. Check if you can add a Holiday Calendar.

Let us know how it goes and we'll give you further assistance if needed.

Hi there, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have tried the methods suggested but the list of holiday calendar and countries still does not show. I have also tried accessing my outlook.com account vi a different browser but to no avail. 

I found it strange as when i accessed my other outlook.com accounts through the same browser, i do not face such issues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There might be settings on your email account that restrict to add the Holiday Calendar. As we tried the basic troubleshooting steps to add the Singapore Holiday Calendar on your email account and you still encounter the same issue, we suggest that you contact our Outlook.com chat support team to further isolate your concern.

Don’t hesitate to update this thread if you have further questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 29, 2024 Views 4,075 Applies to: