How to link outlook calendar link with my Google calendar ?

Hi Sir, 

How to link outlook calendar link with my Google calendar ? Please advise. 

Thanks, 

LKF

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there, I am having the same problem. I have the Microsoft Launcher on my android where I have my phone calendar, a Gmail calendar, and an outlook calendar. The first to display events on my phone homepage is the outlook calendar. Ther one with the coolest look and simple design is the google calendar. And the one that is most reliable is the phone calendar since it doesn't have to rely upon internet data or wifi connections, however, it is more annoying because it cuts off any application I am doing to show me my event notifications. So I am trying to make it easier for my phone to sync both my Gmail and Hotmail email accounts at the same time and I want to be able to sync my google calendar events with my outlook calendar app. 

I tried to share an outlook calendar with a google account by sharing it with an email address ending in @gmail.com and selecting allow editing. That Google account receives an email invite to view and to edit my outlook calendar. However, when I try to click the button that says Accept and edit calendar there is a sad face ;( error message on the next page. 

Even if you create a google calendar and fill it with events and export it. Then attempt to import those events into an outlook calendar, you will only get a "snapshot" of that calendar. Meaning if you later attempt to change or add events in your google calendar, those changes will not automatically sync to your outlook calendar. 

I blame this all on tech company competitions. Google search engine versus Bing, Gmail versus Hotmail, Google Calendar versus Outlook Calendar, Cortana versus Siri versus Google assistant, etcetera. All of this is competition to see who is the best and a race to create the first Artificial Intelligence, yadda, yadda, yadda. It sure would be nice if they worked together to make a more enjoyable experience for their users.... But no, they still continue to make things difficult and overly complicated. 

I found this article and I am going to attempt to sync it this way. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/See-your-Google-Calendar-in-Outlook-C1DAB514-0AD4-4811-824A-7D02C5E77126

I will let you know whether it works or not. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Hi there, I am having the same problem. I have the Microsoft Launcher on my android where I have my phone calendar, a Gmail calendar, and an outlook calendar. The first to display events on my phone homepage is the outlook calendar. Ther one with the coolest look and simple design is the google calendar. And the one that is most reliable is the phone calendar since it doesn't have to rely upon internet data or wifi connections, however, it is more annoying because it cuts off any application I am doing to show me my event notifications. So I am trying to make it easier for my phone to sync both my Gmail and Hotmail email accounts at the same time and I want to be able to sync my google calendar events with my outlook calendar app. 

I tried to share an outlook calendar with a google account by sharing it with an email address ending in @gmail.com and selecting allow editing. That Google account receives an email invite to view and to edit my outlook calendar. However, when I try to click the button that says Accept and edit calendar there is a sad face ;( error message on the next page. 

Even if you create a google calendar and fill it with events and export it. Then attempt to import those events into an outlook calendar, you will only get a "snapshot" of that calendar. Meaning if you later attempt to change or add events in your google calendar, those changes will not automatically sync to your outlook calendar. 

I blame this all on tech company competitions. Google search engine versus Bing, Gmail versus Hotmail, Google Calendar versus Outlook Calendar, Cortana versus Siri versus Google assistant, etcetera. All of this is competition to see who is the best and a race to create the first Artificial Intelligence, yadda, yadda, yadda. It sure would be nice if they worked together to make a more enjoyable experience for their users.... But no, they still continue to make things difficult and overly complicated. 

I found this article and I am going to attempt to sync it this way. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/See-your-Google-Calendar-in-Outlook-C1DAB514-0AD4-4811-824A-7D02C5E77126

I will let you know whether it works or not. 

Oh MY GOSH 

Okay so the instructions are super duper old since the newer versions of google calendar and outlook beta but I think I finally figured it out. 
I am going to try and give instructions of my own on how to subscribe to a Google Calendar through your Outlook Calendar. 

When you log in to your Gmail and access the Google calendar you want to subscribe to (you may have to create a new calendar) 

Then Checkbox the selected calendar and look for the three dots to the side of the name of the calendar and select "Settings and Sharing" 

You should get Calendar settings, Go to Integrated Calendar and look through the possible URLs and embeddings available. 

Look for a Public address in iCal format or secret address in iCal format ( I chose public access) and copy that URL address. 

Then log in to your Outlook email account and access your calendar. ( You may have to disable outlook beta) select the drop down next to Add calendar in the toolbar above your calendar, from the drop-down menu select From internet. 

Then paste the URL into the Calendar subscription where it says Link to the Calendar, and then give your Calendar a name and save.  

Test out the automatic sync on your google calendar subscription by making sure the name you gave it is visible on the outlook calendar, then switching to the google account and creating an event in google calendar and returning to the outlook account and refreshing your outlook calendar. (THis would be easier in different tabs) 

you should have a new event... Hope this helps. 

I haven't quite figured out how to subscribe to your outlook calendar from google calendar app but I am not very interested in that side and I am sticking with the system I have just set up. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 2,092 Applies to: