Getting "MICROSOFT SUGGESTIONS" in my Outlook Calendar that appear to be spam

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving "Microsoft Suggestions" in my calendar that span across two weeks in my calendar, that are waiting for me to accept. This actually started on my Outlook on my iPhone on my "Outlook Calendar" and has now started on my Desktop Windows machine.

My iPhone Calendar

and my Desktop Outlook Calendar

in the iPhone calendar, you can see that almost every day has been infested with these. The Pfizer Vaccine ones do not show the "Microsoft Suggestion" but I assume these are all coming from the same place since they started at the same time and there are 4 listed spanning as one "Event" from March 5th to March 30 I can not delete these OR decline them. The Desktop "Meetings" I can decline but they keep coming back.

Has anyone else been getting these BS items and how can I turn them off completely. I do not share my calendar with anyone nor have I ever received "request" for a meeting until this **** started. I am ok with turning off all invitations for meetings but I cant find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance!

Bob

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi. I'm Brian, an Independent Advisor.

Since events arrive as email, block the sender. I haven't seen these, but I can well imagine they're a nuisance.
Brian

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Brian, the problem is that I have never received an email for these events. That was my first thought and I looked for them to block.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the same thing, and although Robert is saying he doesn't see an email showing up as the cause, I do - but it's in my junk email. How is junk email able to trigger a calendar suggestion?

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the same thing, and although Robert is saying he doesn't see an email showing up as the cause, I do - but it's in my junk email. How is junk email able to trigger a calendar suggestion?

I am getting the same thing. I haven't checked my junk box. It has been over a week since it started happening. Very annoying at the same time as worrying 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you check your Deleted Items to see if the messages arrived and you didn't realize it? Outlook typically deletes event messages once added to the calendar.
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I click on notification to see what they are, they disappear from the notification section on my phone not even opening my calendar or email box so I can't check which junk emails sending me a notification. A few days ago I found some strange titles on my calendar and I deleted all thinking I must have pressed something to activate a service on my calendar. I tried to deactivate whatever that was but could not find how.

I use a surface pro and an android phone. 

I keep getting notifications on Microsoft Suggestions almost every half an hour.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have actually found 2 possible sources of these in my Junk Folder. I actually went into my Junk Settings>Junk Email Options>Options Tab and my email Protection is (and always has been) set to high. Then I went to the International Tab and block ALL the options on both "Blocked Top-Level Domain List" and "Blocked Encodings List" as I get a lot of international Junk Mail. I don't need to receive any International emails so turning them off will not affect me.

I don't know if the sources I found are the ones that created the Calendar Event but I hope it stops it.

Now the problem is how do I get rid of the events?  I was able to get rid of them off my Desktop Outlook by "Declining" but I am not able to remove them from my iPhone. Any suggestions? And how does this happen if the email gets sent to the Junk Folder?

Thanks,
Bob

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This just started for me in the last two weeks and is horribly annoying. 

They are associated with emails that are extremely obvious spam and the domains (stuff like “ADT <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> for example) are giveaways. Microsoft either needs to filter spam better or to give an option to toggle off “Microsoft Suggestions”. This issue doesn’t effect Gmail or iCloud and shouldn’t have ever been added as a “feature” we can’t turn off.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have actually found 2 possible sources of these in my Junk Folder. I actually went into my Junk Settings>Junk Email Options>Options Tab and my email Protection is (and always has been) set to high. Then I went to the International Tab and block ALL the options on both "Blocked Top-Level Domain List" and "Blocked Encodings List" as I get a lot of international Junk Mail. I don't need to receive any International emails so turning them off will not affect me.

I don't know if the sources I found are the ones that created the Calendar Event but I hope it stops it.

Now the problem is how do I get rid of the events?  I was able to get rid of them off my Desktop Outlook by "Declining" but I am not able to remove them from my iPhone. Any suggestions? And how does this happen if the email gets sent to the Junk Folder?

Thanks,
Bob

for me I deleted them by logging into outlook.com and deleting the event there.

I’d be afraid to ever respond with “decline” (or any of the options) because that usually notifies the sender what your response is, and now the spam source has confirmed your email is active.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for this advice. 

I couldn't find it after initial pop up. But have just found email in junk. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2021 Views 3,528 Applies to: