Question

Q: Please help recover my hotmail / outlook Account.

Dear Hotmail team,

First of all, thank you for providing an outstanding email service that I have been using from past 10 years without any complaints.

However, recently I lost access to 2 of my hotmail accounts and I am not able to gain access via the automated "Account Verification Process".

Here are the details:

I use my smart phone to access my hotmail accounts. On November 15th or November 16th 2016 I used a VPN software on my cell phone and immediately, I received notification that both of my accounts are not able to sign in. I understand that Microsoft blocked access to my accounts because of "Suspicious activity".

Immediately, I removed the VPN app and tried to sign in my emails. I was asked to verify ownership by selecting the "Recovery Email". However (unfortunately) the problem is that both email accounts are recovery emails of one another (i.e. Account # 1 is recovery of Account # 2 and vice versa).

That is why I was unable to log into any of my accounts.

Then I tried recovering my account # 1 by providing "Personal Details" via the automated process. It worked and I received an email from Microsoft (Nov 16, 2016) to reset my password. Gladly, I followed the link and started trying out different "New" passwords.

One of my tried passwords was not strong enough so I received a notification in red text (on same password reset page) that my password is not strong enough. Then I tried a much stronger password and that "Red Text" disappeared and because of message disappearance, the "Retype password" and "Cancel" buttons moved up in the page, So while trying to click on "Retype Password", I accidentally clicked on "Cancel".

Since then, I'm trying to send my personal details over and over again but I keep getting message from Microsoft that:

Your security is important to us
Recently, we received several requests to gain access to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership using the information that was provided.

Even providing the same information (personal details) that worked 1st time, I'm receiving the same above mentioned reply from Microsoft.

I appreciate that Microsoft is trying best to protect my accounts from unauthorized use but Getting access back to my account is very important for me and for that I am ready to provide any evidence of ownership. I am not sure if I can post such information here or not. Please advice.

Please help me regain access to my accounts because I have been using them since 1998.

My account recovery requests numbers (for reference):

Answer

A:

I have try all steps but the problem is i forgot personal information it is an old email, i would like that Hotamil team recover my email and send me password to my mobile number but they won't , i need it badly this email really i have many important things there :(

Dear Sister,

Thanks to Microsoft's excellent support, I have recovered both of my hotmail accounts today.

As mentioned before, the automated ownership verification process could not verify my personal information (because the accounts were created long time ago).

Then I tried Manual assistance / verification from Microsoft. Thanks to their amazing support and guidance, I was able to recover my accounts.

You can also try the procedure as mentioned below:

1 - Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ and then select "Get Started".

2 - It will launch (open a new mini window) where you can chat with a Virtual Agent.

3 - In that chat window, just type "Need to talk to live agent." and the Virtual Agent will give you options to select product and means of communication (i.e. Chat or Ask the community).

4 - Select "Outlook.com" from the product list and then click on "Chat".

5 - Within a minute a live agent will join the chat window. Just explain your problem to him/her and he/she will guide you. I found that experience truly amazing.

I hope you will get your accounts back. Good luck.

To moderators:

Please close this thread as I have successfully recovered my hotmail accounts (thanks to the amazing Microsoft Support).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 448 Last updated: July 4, 2018 Applies to: