I need to merge two microsoft accounts

hi,

I want to merge two Microsoft accounts, because I want to delete old email which registered on my devices and applications.  

please advise

Moved from: Windows /Windows 10 /Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Answer
Answer

Hi Mohammed,

As it turns out, merging two Microsoft account is currently not possible. However, you can change the way you sign in and show up to recipients by adding aliases to your Microsoft account. An alias is like a nickname for your account that can be an email address, phone number, or Skype name. It uses the same inbox, contact list, and account settings as the primary alias. You can sign in to your account with any alias, and you only have to remember a single password for all of them.

Notes:
  • You cannot add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account. Aliases cannot be used to share information between two Microsoft accounts—the ability to link Microsoft accounts was discontinued in 2013. 
  • Existing @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, and @msn.com addresses can't be added as aliases.

By default, the email address or phone number that you use to sign up for your Microsoft account is considered the primary alias. Your primary alias shows up as the main account name when you view your profile information. This can be changed at any time. To add an alias, here's how:

1. Sign in to the Microsoft account website.
  2. Select Your info.

3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

4. Select Add email or Add phone number.

5. Follow the instructions to set up and verify your new alias. If you chose Add email, you have the option to use an email address that you already have, or you can create a new Outlook.com email address.

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

75 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2021 Views 50,662 Applies to: