Windows Security - Sign In....//outlook.office365 etc

Hello,

Can you help, please? I keep getting a 'Windows Security' dialogue box with the following:

Sign In

Enter your user name and password and download:

....//outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/....then a string of letters and numbers.

• I have checked that i have not opened a Shared Calendar in Outlook 2013 Client
  • I have logged into OWA and removed any unknown or not used Calendars.
  • When prompted for my user name and password, it is rejected...

Any thoughts would be appreciated:

Set up:

Windows 7

Office 365

Regards

Pedro Casillas

Hi Pedro,

Before troubleshooting the issue, could you try to use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant(SaRA) to help fix and identify the issue?

If it doesn’t work for you, please let us know the following information for investigation:
1. The detailed log of SaRA result via Private Message.
2. The entire detailed error message (in text).
3. To check if the issue is related to the Outlook client, if possible, please configure your account in another computer to see if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
Sophia

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hi pedro,

thanks for your private message.

i have created a workspace for you to collect the results of running the sara tool. can you please provide the screenshots regarding “it couldn't completed as i don't know the name or email address of the shared calendar” for our further understanding?
to upload screenshots, please click use rich formatting and then select the insert/edit media button.

as sophia mentioned above, have you tried configuring your account in another computer to see if the issue persists?
meanwhile, please give us the screenshot of the error message with the url in it so that we can find out what the link is referring to.

thanks,
gary

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Gary,

I tried using the button above, but i could not work out how to attach the files. I have now uploaded 2 screenshots to the Workspace you sent me details for. Note - because i do not know to which Calendar the error message refers, i have not  been able to run the SaRa tool. See screenshot

Regards

Pedro

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi pedro,

thanks for your quick reply.

to better understand your situation, i’d like to collect the following information:

1. the detailed version of the outlook client on your computer. to see the version, please go to file > office account > product information > version.

2. what is your exchange environment, on-premise exchange, hybrid exchange or pure exchange online? if you don’t know, please let the administrators of your organization check it.
3. if possible, please try configuring your account in another computer in a non-domain environment (like the computer in your home) to check if the issue persists.
4. does the pop-up window always ask for the credentials when you are using the outlook client?
5. check if the prompt persists when you are using online mode in the outlook client. see the following steps:
a) open outlook and go to file > account settings.
b) select your exchange online mailbox, and then click 'change…' under 'e-mail' tab.
c) uncheck “use cached exchange mode” > next > finish.

thanks,
gary

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Pedro,

Do you need further assistance? If so, could you please provide the information I mentioned above?

Thanks,
Gary

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2022 Views 2,061 Applies to: