Why is 99% of my profile photo cropped?

I have tried uploading my new profile photo for my Outlook and Microsoft account(s) multiple times. But every time it crops out about 99% of the circular area - all that shows is the very tip of the circular area, which is just the top of the hair on my head! No clear answers or anyone from Microsoft tech support to help. This type of feature and help line from Microsoft are ridiculous!! I don't have this problem with other platforms like Google, Android, or the IM apps. Microsoft, take a lesson from your competitors and get this feature to work for once.

|

Hello Mr.T, I’m sorry that you are facing this issue. Have you tried making the image perfectly square or make your profile picture 500px x 500px making sure that the main character in that image is centred and well away from the edge of that image, so it does not get cropped Kind regards, Karen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Karen, yes I did both of your suggestions and it is still throwing the issue. There is no way to get it perfectly centered and not touching the edges. It should just crop the way all the other apps can do it. It is a very defective feature of Microsoft's.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 22 Applies to: