Why does my new e-mail account need a phone number to verify me?

I have not been able to send a single e-mail yet unless I supply a phone number to get a code?? I already provided an alternate e-mail address. 

How do I get my email sorted without providing a phone number?

I have not been able to send a single e-mail yet unless I supply a phone number to get a code?? I already provided an alternate e-mail address. 

How do I get my email sorted without providing a phone number?

When I open my mail on the PC I get a box to verify my telephone number. The like already has my outlook address populated. When I delete the information and input my phone, I get a message that there is no account. I cannot find anywhere to input a phone number or link to my account. When I use my Outlook phone app, I do not get this challenge. When I tried to send a message, it will only sit in Outbox until I verify the phone number … which I cannot. What gives?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi {lyer},

If you’re using a Microsoft account for the first time, or an old Microsoft account that was not used for quite a while, it is essential to provide a phone number to undergo SMS verification. If it’s not possible for you to provide a phone number, your account can be verified by our Microsoft Support team through chat or you can schedule a callback through this link. If you need to edit your security settings click this link. For more information about Microsoft account security info and verification codes check this article.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Bob

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 18, 2020 Views 374 Applies to: