Where can I locate my groups in Outlook and how can I manage them?

Original Title: I converted to Outlook but cannot figure out how to manage my "groups"  Where are they and how do I delete and add to my groups?

I recently converted my email from hotmail to the new MS Outlook program. I have a mac with MS 2007 office.   I created a new group of contacts about a month ago in Outlook and now I am trying to change email addresses and add new contacts to the list but cannot figure out how to manage the group or even where to find it.  The only way I found the group was to click on "manage" under People.  Help! Where to find groups in new Outlook program and how to manage?

Answer
Answer

Hi DebRodgers and Lovielu,

Let me assist you with your concern. We understand that you're unable to access and manage your groups. I would like to inform you that there has been a recent change in the People page and part of that update is the steps in managing your Groups. The list filter and groups dropdown is no longer there. You can view your Groups at a glance now because they’re displayed in the regular contact list.

You may follow the steps below on how to add/delete member from a created group:

1. Go to People page.
  2. Locate and click the group name in your contact list.
  3. Click Edit on the red bar.
  4. To delete a member, click the X button at the bottom right of your contact's picture.
  5. To add a member, type the contact's name in the Add member box and click the desired contact from the dropdown option.
  6. Click Save.

For more information about the new changes in People page, you may refer on the article below:

How do I add a contact to an existing Group in this new Outlook??

Let us know if you need more help.

Thank you.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello Mari,

We apologize for the delayed response.

I know how important it is for you to view and manage your contacts. Please be informed that the Contacts page in Hotmail has been changed to People in Outlook. You can see your contacts list if you go to https://people.live.com or click on the arrow beside the Outlook icon and select People. Below are some instructions on how to navigate the contacts list in the new People page.

To create/add a contact:

1. Go to the People page.
  2. Click (+) New (located the top menu bar).
  3. Enter all the necessary contact information.
  4. Click Save.

To edit a contact:

2. Select the contact on the list that you want to edit.
  3. Click Edit (located at the top bar menu).
  4. Enter all the necessary contact information.
  5. Click Save.

To delete a contact:

2. Select the contact on the list that you want to delete.
  3. Click Delete located at the top menu bar.
  4. A pop up window will ask you if you want to delete the selected.
  5. Click Delete.

To view your group members:

2. Click All v just below the People icon.
3. Select the group you want to view.

To create a group:

2. Click Manage v located at the top menu bar then go to Manage groups.
  3. Type the group name on the box. If you already have an existing group listed there, click on (+) to create/add a new one.
  4. Click Apply.

To add contacts to the group you have created:

2. In the People page, click on the contact you want to be added to the group. If you have multiple contacts to add, tick the box beside the contact name and continue doing this until you have selected all the contacts that you want to add to the group.
  3. On the toolbar, click Groups and check the box in front of the group name.
  4. Click Apply and all the contacts you have selected will be included in the group.

Note: Make sure you click squarely in the check box. If you click outside the box, all previous boxes you have checked will be unchecked, and you’ll have to start all over.

To edit a contact within a group:

2. Click All v just below the People icon. A drop down box will appear showing the list of your groups.
  3. Click the group name and now you have all the contacts that is listed within that group.
  4. To edit a contact within that group, click on the contact’s name (not on the check box) and click Edit on the toolbar.

Note: Edit option only appears on the toolbar after you have selected a contact.

To know more about the new Contacts section, please refer to the article below:

Contacts are now People: What’s new and different?

Let us know if you have questions.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 89,836 Applies to: