When I click on NEW to send a message, nothing happens. The window DOES NOT OPEN so I can even write a message

I'm able to receive my hotmail messages; however, when I try to create a new message, I am unable to open the NEW button !!  I can click on the button and it seems to be locked...will not open.  I've even tried to open/close the Hotmail/Outlook account many times without success.

I know Outlook.com uses new web features that older browsers don't support; what browser and version of that browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Judy,

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to compose a new message because the NEW button is not responding.  I recommend that you optimize your browser, clear browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that your browser’s setting don’t contribute to your issue. Please refer to this link to optimize your browser:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

After optimizing, please close your entire browser and try again.

I also suggest changing your setting to automatically use HTTPS. You may follow the steps below:

1. Go to https://account.live.com/managessl and sign in to your account.
  2. Click on Always use HTTPS when I sign in to Hotmail
  3. Tick Save.

As what stanimal21 have said, by the way thank you for your response, you may also want to read the article Best Browsers for Outlook.com to check if your browser is included there. 

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Thanks! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 127 Applies to: