what's going on with Hotmail?

Something strange has happened with my Hotmail email address. In the last 6 weeks I haven't received a few really important emails. It's the first time this has happened and I'm worried that I have missed others I'm not aware of.

Also, the way you block spam emails has changed - instead of blocking them from the junk folder, you have to block them and then delete in the deleted items. It's tedious. Is it time to find a new email address that works better?

|

Hello Martha,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I know how important for us to send and receive messages to other people as it will help us keep in touch in each of the recipient. Can you confirm if you still unable to receive important messages and able to get spam messages through the Inbox folder? If so, kindly provide us the following information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you made any recent changes before you encounter the issue?
  • Does the issue occur from a specific email sender?

In the meantime, see this link and refer to the steps about I didn't receive an email someone sent to my Outlook.com account. You may also try to remove and re-add Inbox rules to see if that will help resolve the issue. Take note that messages received from any email address or domain listed in your blocked senders list are sent directly to your Junk Email folder. See this link for more information.

If the same issue occurs after performing the workaround on the given articles, I highly recommend that you contact our Outlook.com In-App Support to further investigate what is causing the issue. To reach our Outlook In-App team, click the question mark icon from your Outlook.com homepage, type the keyword of your concern in the search field, click Yes under Still need help, type your full concern in the box, and then click Send. Take note of the reference number, and our Outlook.com support will get back to you as soon as they have read your raised ticket.

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reply here and we will further assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Honestly, none of those things work. I have just found out about a 3rd important email that I didn't receive. I use Hotmail for work. If I can't rely on it to get the emails I need, what's the point?

I am also swamped by junk emails, not only in my junk folder but in the inbox too. You used to be able to block junk emails and they disappeared. Now you can tick a box to block but it moves these emails to the deleted items folder. So I have to block them from there too.

Hotmail is now unreliable. I will have to move to gmail.

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 10, 2021 Views 245 Applies to: