Upgrade Required pop up but no update in App Store

Multiple devices running Outlook on iOS 9.3.5, 10.0.2 etc. 

Outlook shows Upgrade Required Outlook is out of date. Please visit the App Store to upgrade to the latest version

THERE IS NO NEW VERSION IN APP STORE.

And Outlook stopped synchronizing e-mails.

Anyone else having the same issue? Anyway to upgrade it without removing and reinstalling the app?

Hi,

Please try this link to update your Outlook application. Sign in to your Office 365 account and install Office 2016.

Let us know how it goes.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I needed to have a double take on the category I am in. I am in Office - Outlook - iPhone and iPad

I mentioned that it was installed on iOS... And the screen capture I posted in the last message was from an iPhone!!

And you suggested to install Office 2016??????????

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My user is also seeing the same message on her iPhone.  No update in App Store.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Which version of Outlook are you using? The latest version was updated October 3, 2016 Version 2.5.3. Have you checked again if the update is already showing in the App store?

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I needed to have a double take on the category I am in. I am in Office - Outlook - iPhone and iPad

I mentioned that it was installed on iOS... And the screen capture I posted in the last message was from an iPhone!!

And you suggested to install Office 2016??????????

I don't find that support person's response useful either ... Here is my problem since I get the same problem on my ipad2 ... And whoever responded with this "install Office 2016" needs to explain more how it this related to running the Outlook app on an iOS device ... I only started to see this problem with the Outlook app on May 2, 2017 ... Until May 1, 2017, I had no problem with the Outlook app synchronizing my mail.

In my case i am using an ipad2 with iOS 8.4.1. latest version.  I synchronize the iPad2 with a Vista laptop with the most recent update for a Vista operating system.  Mainly because after iOS 8.4.1., the iTunes stopped synchronizing the notes with outlook 2003 on my Vista machine.  The reason I have not upgraded from Vista to another operating system is that the laptop is working fine and its capacity is not high enough to warrant upgrading and going through the usual follow-on time wasting of bringing my computer usage back to normal ... And there is always unfinished business with these upgrades that cause unwanted inefficiencies in productivity.  And since the most recent compatible version of iTunes for PC Vista does not synchronize with iOS 9 or higher, it is most efficient to keep the ipad2 on iOS 8.4.1 with the Vista laptop as is.

Since iOS 8 apps are most similar to iOS 9 and higher related to my use, this update which Microsoft has done causing the problem with Outlook app popping up the message to update, is poorly thought out.  They didn't think of their users.  I find this SUPER NASTY because they are going back to their old bad habits of poorly doing something that affects negatively their long term users.

it would be nice if they fix this issue NOW by allowing the latest compatible outlook app version with ipad2 iOS 8.4.1. To work without hassle.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We recommend sending your feedback to our Outlook uservoice. This will help us in collating and attending your feedback and issues that you may have with Outlook.

Do ask let us know if you have any other questions in the future.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Multiple devices running Outlook on iOS 9.3.5, 10.0.2 etc. 

Outlook shows Upgrade Required Outlook is out of date. Please visit the App Store to upgrade to the latest version

THERE IS NO NEW VERSION IN APP STORE.

And Outlook stopped synchronizing e-mails.

Anyone else having the same issue? Anyway to upgrade it without removing and reinstalling the app?

Yes me ... See my reply to Dr. Martin below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We recommend sending your feedback to our Outlook uservoice. This will help us in collating and attending your feedback and issues that you may have with Outlook.

Do ask let us know if you have any other questions in the future.

Regards.

I tried to follow your recommendation but the feedback page is not allowing me to create an idea ... It keeps showing me a list of search results.

if you know how to do it, why don't you just save me time and copy and paste my problem description to the powers that be so they can fix the problem soon ... It is after all a simple code adjustment to allow iOS 8+ to work with the latest version of the Outlook app.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2024 Views 3,159 Applies to: