Unable to update phone number in Microsoft Account

I have been trying for 3 days to add my phone number to my Microsoft account. I can go into my account and go to 'my info' tab.

Under the 'account Alias' section I click on add phone number. It sends me a verification code and I enter that then it asked for my password which I enter but then nothing happens at all. It just stays on the screen asking for the password. It is the correct password I'm entering.

I have spoken to someone in Microsoft and they tried to help me but he has said it is a problem with my Microsoft account rather than a browser issue.

Please advise how I can put my phone number onto my account.

I also need it set up so I can link my Samsung phone to my Microsoft account in order for me to back up my Samsung gallery to my one Drive.

Many thanks

Debbie

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for reaching here at the Microsoft Community Forum.

We see that you have concerns about updating/adding your phone number in your Microsoft account, as it won’t let you to so. We understand how important it is to get this addressed. Allow us to check on this further and we’ll assist you in the best way we can.

We acknowledge and appreciate you for letting us know that you’ve already got in touch with someone from Microsoft to raise this concern. In line with this, may we confirm if you’re able to take note of the Service Request or reference number of your interaction with them? This is for us to check what happened on your engagement with them and we can clarify if this is already an account specific concern.

Just to confirm, were there able to let you try to add/update your phone number using another browser or device? How about trying it on private browsing? This is for further isolation as to what this may be causing.

Please be informed that questions in our initial response can help us identify the best course of action that can be done to address your concern. We’d love to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Louie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Louie

I'm sorry I cant find the reference number now.

With the mans help I tried other browsers and he even tried to set it up for me in private mode. We also tried my tablet as well but exactly the same issue occurred.

kind regards

Debbie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back to us. We appreciate the information provided. We understand that you’ve already tried some steps while you’ve got in touch with someone from Microsoft.

As we’d want to extend a helping hand in getting this issue to be addressed, aside from the previous suggestions, another option that we can offer is to seek assistance to our next level of support. We’d just need some of your concern details, so we can have this case forwarded to them. We’ve sent you a Private Message and you may reply there directly. Go to your Profile > View my private message.

We’ll do the best that we can to get you the support need to address your concern. We’ll wait for your response.

Best regards.

Louie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry but I've no idea how to access private message is there a link to it I can try. I'm totally confused. I dont have an outlook email.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back to us. For you to access and view the messages we’ve sent via private message, you’ll just to go to your profile, then find View my private message. Or you may refer to the steps indicated here:

Can you confirm what you meant by you don’t an Outlook email? If you have a Microsoft account, that can also be an email account that you can use in sending emails.

By the way, once you’ve viewed the messages in your private, you may reply there directly with the information being asked, so we can have this case forwarded to our next level of support for additional assistance.

If you may have other clarifications, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Best regards.

Louie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

I'm clicking on private message but there isnt a private message to see it just keeps taking me back to the community page.

Is there someone who can ring me or email me?

Many thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back to us. We understand that there are challenges getting into your private message here in your Community Profile. Just to let you know, we’re in the process of endorsing you to our next level of support for further assistance and they have the option to call or email you. What we just need are the information below that are sent via private message:

Full Name:

Phone number:

Alternate Phone number:

Email Address:

Alternate Email Address:

Preferred Call back Date:

Preferred callback Window/ (3-hour window, sample is 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM):

Time zone:

We’re requesting you to give these information in private message, as it will contain your personal information and we’d like to have it in a secured way as much as possible. Another way to view it is that if you’re in your Microsoft Community Profile Page, you’ll just need to click on View private message.

We’ll wait for your response.

Best regards.

Louie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 30, 2023 Views 967 Applies to: