Trash Can Icon Missing on Newest Office 365 build

I work for an MSP and we have had a user contact us about her trash can icon missing from Outlook. It has reverted to the old red 'X' icon. Clicking this icon does not delete the emails like the trash can does. We have tried the following solutions:

Office Repair

Check to ensure we are in mouse mode and not in tablet/touch mode

Check to ensure she is not in offline mode

Reduced size of her OST File

Turned off caching by recommendation of our PAX8 rep

Uninstalled and reinstalled using the Support and Recovery Assistant

Tried another machine to ensure it is not the computer itself that is causing this

I cant find any information about this online. Most people that it happens to end up being in offline mode or have touch mode enabled. Again, the red 'x' has taken place of the trash bin and clicking the red 'x' does absolutely nothing. Any assistance or insight is greatly appreciated.

Answer
Answer

I apologize for the delay, the solution ended up being extremely simple.

There was a view option showing up in her Outlook titled 'Default'. This view should have never existed. We ran a clean up of the views and the option disappeared. Switching to compact view resolved the problem entirely. I appreciate the assistance, thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From what you say, the trash icon is missing from outlook and as been replaced with the red X icon.

Before going forward, could you please confirm these situation:

In outlook User Interface, you can view the trash/delete icon from the ribbon, from the preview folder when hovering the email, after a right click and when opening the email in a new window. Please confirm if the user can not see the icon in those difference location.

Please confirm if the situation is reproduced when using another computer.

In the meantime, if the issue happened following the latest update, regarding what you have already tried, another suggestion will be to revert the outlook version. How to revert to an earlier version of Office (microsoft.com)

However, if the issue still persists, please let me know the account type for further research.

We look forward to your reponse. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely.

Mac | Microsoft Community Moderator

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 28, 2024 Views 1,528 Applies to: