The new Outlook app for iOS and Android

The new Outlook app for Android and iOS and Android

The new Outlook app for iOS and Android is now available.

How can I download the new Outlook apps for iOS and Android? 

Click on the following links to visit the App Store or Google Play Store to download the Outlook app. You can also visit the App Store or Google Play Store and search for “Microsoft Outlook”.

What version of iOS and Android are supported?
Outlook can run on iOS 8.0+ and Android 4.0 and above. 

Do I need an Office 365 subscription or a Microsoft Account for the new Outlook app?

Neither is required.  After launching the app, the user is prompted to login with one or more email accounts.  These can be Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook.com, Exchange, Office 365, etc. 

Where can I find support for the Outlook app?

The Microsoft Outlook app offers an in-app link to Support as well as self-help content. To access the support link and self-help, follow these steps.

1. Go to the app Settings and select Help

2. In the Help section, you can find self-help content by selecting FAQ’s or Product Tour. Self-help information can also be found at the following link: Outlook for iOS and Android FAQ You will be presented with a group of topics to choose from. Select the topic that applies to your issue.

3. If you still need help, select Contact Support

4. After selecting Contact Support, follow the on-screen prompts to be connected to an agent.  

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've always been a huge MS and Outlook fan, and I'm thrilled to see it come to iOS.  It's generally fantastic.  A few thoughts:

- Love the filtering.  Unimportant emails don't even put a banner on my lock screen.

- Would be nice to have an option to preview more lines of the email like you can with the iOS Mail app.

- Not all Contacts are syncing to my work Exchange account.

- Font size doesn't seem to agree with the rest of iOS, so I have to make it bigger to get Outlook's font the size I want -- and it's still smaller than I'd like -- causing the others to get HUGE.

- Why can't I dial or text from the People tab?  The Android feature of swipe one way to text a contact and the other way to call was nice.

- Please give Snooze capability on Meeting alerts.  iOS Calendar app doesn't have that.

- Link to the phone function and allow T9 dialing, something else Android does that iOS doesn't.

Thanks

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I tried while on campus yesterday once again to log into Exchange. What mess that happened. It failed, but a new advanced settings  page popped up while trying. But it failed, so I just quit it.

Then I started getting errors on my iPhone, iPad, and MBA to re-enter password for Exchange. Hmmmm. In any case what had been working fine, failed. I got locked out after entering the correct password several times. Had to call IT to have it reset so I could enter a new password. Then had to do so on all devices.

So I DO think that there is something at the college blocking that app.

I know one thing, I will not use Outlook/Acomplii again unless the security concerns from it are corrected.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Repeating this reply in the hope that someone can help!!!!!!

Recently installed Outlook app on Galaxy Tab S and it's unusable. Have Exchange account with MO365 via BT.

Before being able to do anything the app made me create a Microsoft account and then once this was completed tried to connect my email account. Entered email address and password and then tried to sync which took forever. However despite having entered this as an IMAP account the account is set up as send only and despite repeated attempts to set the correct smtp Server address this will not access that.

Do I delete the app and try again or can anyone suggest anything else. Still can receive all emails through standard email on Tab S but would like the additional features that I use in Outlook on Laptop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Android Outlook installed & works fine -

EXCEPT - there is no "Tasks"function that I have on the desktop.  Seems stupid to leave out that function. And yes, I use it daily.

A product called "Touchdown" sync's Tasks, so why doesn't MS's version.

Love the android Outlook interface, but missing function makes it a bust.

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded Outlook App for iPhone (i have an iPhone 6+ and an Office 365 account). after setting it and creating the email addresses it worked rather fine for one day then the second day i got troubles signing in. After reading comments and blogs i enabled the 2 step pass code and downloaded the authenticator app. I was then able to login to the app for the day. the second day every time i login i get after 3 seconds "We are having trouble accessing your account. Please login again".

No way to chat with help in the in-app cause i get thrown out 3 seconds later even though i submitted many remarks and asked for many modifications during the first day of use.

If i can't get this problem sorted i will remove the app unfortunately.

Thanks in advance

Pierre

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been using Outlook for iOS and it seems great.  Like the focused inbox.  Now all my junk goes into the other inbox.

how to I delete all the emails in that other inbox at once?  I get 80-100 junk emails a day and it's exceptionally tedious to delete each one separately.  

Thanks in advance!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm a HUGE MS supporter, but I feel like this app is a big let down (even when comparing to the outlook.com app). I'm looking for the following settings for Android:

• Tasks- where are they?
  • Syncing calendar and tasks to my device (Samsung Galaxy S4). I can install the widget as a 1x1 (which is useless), but I want it synced to the device. If there was a better widget (2x4) then I might reconsider. Why would outlook.com sync and this new app wouldn't? Makes no sense.
  • Swipe settings- sounds like they can be adjusted for iOS, why not for android?
  • Sync ALL folders AND if the folder does sync show ALL email. I keep an extremely clean inbox (nothing more than 3 days old and at most 5 emails total) and even with that the app was not syncing all of the 3-4 emails I've had. Summary- no option to sync all folders and even when you sync a folder not all (sometimes none) emails show.

I'm currently running this app in the background and running the outlook.com app as my main app in hopes the new apps issues are worked out. It sounds like this is functioning better on iOS which is puzzling and frustrating. Any help/suggestions? Am I missing anything?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After a long online chat with Microsoft tech support it seems there are 2 versions of the App on the play store. There is one called Outlook preview which is still under development and MS will appreciate feedback on this but I deleted the outllook.com app and installed this last night and it immediately appeared to work.

Haven't yet had the time to look at all the settings (a quick glance at people showed a very confusing list with no obvious order at all) but this does seem like a vast improvement as I can now receive and send mails via this.

Now to explore the capabilities and see if the functions I'm used to having available on my PC are available on this app on the Tab S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi all,

i had added to of my work email accounts, one works fine but for some reason the other account shows no msgs in the inbox when i know there are

i have tried just entering the one that doesnt work but no joy !

thks

Alistair

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have two-step authorization enabled for your account, you have to generate an app-specific password for Outlook. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 15,818 Applies to: