Syncing one outlook account on two different computers

Hello! My assistant is using one computer and I am using another computer. Both of us are using the same outlook 365 email account. When my assistant moves an email into a designated folder on her computer, the email does not automatically move on my computer. What do we need to change so that when she moves an email on her computer, that change appears on my computer?

Thank you,

Michelle E

Answer
Answer

Dear Michelle E_WSC ,

Thanks for choosing Microsoft community!

I have read your question carefully and done some research, please kindly refer to following suggestions:

To seamlessly sync email, contacts & calendar data between two different devices - regardless of whether those devices are computers, tablets or mobile, requires the use of an Exchange based email account (this includes Outlook.com) configured on each device.

An Exchange account will bi-directionally sync all data. This requires either a hosted Exchange account or a free Outlook.com account.

IMAP accounts only support bi-directional sync'ing of email folders.

POP3 accounts only supports a one-time uni-directional download of a mail account's <Inbox>

In addition, please also pay attention to this, you should know about which or what can sync or not: Sync basics - what you can and cannot sync (microsoft.com)

At the same time, please try following steps: Open Outlook, and go to the File tab>Under Account Information, click the Account Settings option>When the Accounts Settings window opens, select the email account which fails to sync, and click the Repair button>Now the Repair Account window will open. Here check the fields and click Next>Outlook will now start the repair process of the account

The network connection will be enabled now. Look for the email account settings, log on to the server to check if everything is working fine.

After the process gets completed, use the following troubleshooting methods to verify if the email is still not syncing.

Go to file and select “Account Setting” and click on Change Account Tab. check the “Test Account Settings”, followed by clicking the Next button.

Now Outlook will test the account settings, and provide a message when everything is fine. Once you get this message, click Close. Finally, click on the Finish button.

That’s it. Restart Microsoft Outlook and see if the issue has been solved. If required, you can also sync manually the first time using Send / Receive button.

Hope this help you, if there is any deviation in my understanding, please forgive me and provide me with more details. I am more than happy to continue to help you. I wish you a smooth new year and all the best!

Best regards,

Kerry

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2024 Views 13,976 Applies to: