Synchronizing Subscribed Folders

I noticed recently that as part of the Send and Receive process in addition to the various email accounts there is now one for "Synchronizing Subscribed folders"  What are these?  may this have something to do with a recent "invasion" by iCloud?  How can I see what these are and make any changes?  Thanks!
Answer
Answer

Hi George,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. As I understand you want to know what are subscribed folders.

If you use an IMAP account with Outlook 2010 and you've created additional folders outside of Outlook, you may have trouble seeing these new folders in Outlook. In order to view new folders in Outlook, you will have to subscribe to those folders.

You may try the below steps and check if you receive the synchronization message for subscribed folders:

1) Open Outlook. Navigate to File > Options > Advanced > scroll down to the send/receive group> click on the send/receive button.

2) In send/receive groups window click on the Edit button.

3) Un-check the option "Get folder unread count for subscribed folders"

4) Click Ok and then exit out of options and perform a send/receive to test if it is now working.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance on any Office related issues let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2024 Views 559 Applies to: