Sync Outlook Calendar with Samsung Galaxy Watch

I am trying to synchronise my Outlook calendar with Samsung Galaxy Watch without success.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 6) phone, which uses the outlook app to manage both my emails and calendar.

To sync with the watch, I have installed the newly released outlook app on the watch - but this app only shows emails but not calendar.

From researching the Internet it seems I need to add the outlook.com account to the Samsung S5 phone in order to have the calendar in outlook.com sync with the Samsung S Planner, and this would sync with the smart watch.

So going through the steps on the S5 phone:

1. Settings > Accounts > Add account > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
  2. In the dialog window I've entered my outlook.com email and password.

An error message appears:

Unable to set up account

Activation failed. Unable to

connect to network. Try again

with network provider's default

APN

I have also tried to connect using a one time app password, in case this is due to two-step verification not supported on S5 phone. Still got the same error.

I've also tried setting the connection manually using various Exchange server names (eas.outlook.com / smtp-mail.outlook.com / outlook.office365.com ) without success.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks. Miron

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello MeirMB,

My name is Alex. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today. I understand that you want to sync Outlook Calendar with Samsung Galaxy Watch. I want to help and try. First, make sure sync is set
> Open Settings. Tap Accounts and Sync.
> Tap on the Exchange account. In the Data and synchronization settings make sure everything is checked.

Or you can also check this link

Hands-on with the Microsoft Outlook app for Samsung Galaxy Watch:
https://www.onmsft.com/feature/hands-on-with-th...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Alex Cruz
Independent Advisor

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply and link, Alex, but this site does not answer the question of how to sync your Outlook calendar with the Galaxy Watch.  I have everything setup properly (e.g. notifications allowed, sync enabled) and unlike the Samsung Calendar, with Outlook I only get an email prompt - no ability to dimiss or snooze the event on my watch.  I must use my phone which defeats the purpose of getting notifications on the watch.

Although I like Outlook, I am stuck using Samsung Email and Calendar. Thankfully, both are solid apps but not without their own issues.  Microsoft needs to address this or is there an reason why Outlook cannot also be the calendar app on Tiezen OS watches?

Thanks and I appreciate your time and reply once again!

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Errol

Did you ever figure it out? 

Did you manage to sync the outlook calendar onto the Samsung Watch? 

Ronen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Ronen,

The short answer is no I have not. The other issue I found is the calendar app on my watch does not show Outlook events as it is still tied to the Samsung Calendar. 

I believe you can add your Outlook account to Samsung Calendar which would resolve this but then you have two calendars syncing in the background which adds a wee it more drain on your battery but is the only workaround I could see that works.

You still get meeting notifications as emails on your watch, not able to snooze or dismiss using your watch.

If you use Samsung Email, your Outlook account is added to Samsung Calendar when you add it to Samsung Email and you can snooze/dismiss all calendar events.

Not sure if this helps. From my view, Microsoft & Samsung need to work together to resolve.

Thanks and take care...

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here I'm using a Frontier as well as an active 2 but I can't get the Outlook Calendar on the watches. It syncs the Samsung calendar but I don't use that email app so when meetings are cancelled for some reason the Samsung app doesn't cancel them. I have to manually do it in the Calrndar.

Very unfortunate. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found a way around this and I hope your company's policy allows it. 

This is generally what I did to get it to work with my Galaxy Watch 3, Note 20 Ultra and Office 365 corporate account. 

1. Log into Office.com and go to Outlook then to the gear in the top right and "View all outlook settings" at the bottom. 

2. Go to Calendar. Go to Shared Calendars.

3.  Under Share a Calendar, select your calendar from the dropdown. Enter your Gmail you sync with your Samsung phone/watch and select "can view all details" or whatever you want, and click Share. 

4. Check your Gmail, open the email from yourself, and right click and copy the link at the bottom of the email that ends with ICS. 

5. Click the google apps 3x3 square in the top right and select your google calendar.

6. In the Google Calendar, look under "Other Calendars" and click the plus sign to the right and select "From URL"

7. Paste that URL you copied in the field and click "Add Calendar"

8. Go back to your calendar and you might see all your Outlook events. Mine didn't show up at first and I got frustrated, gave up, and came back an hour later, refreshed and everything showed up, so give it some time to sync. 

9. Go to your Samsung calendar back on your phone and do a sync, then you should see that calendar available to add to your Samsung calendar app. 

10. Profit

Edit: forget everything i said above. That solution kind of worked. This is the real solution. https://phw198.github.io/OutlookGoogleCalendarSync/ 

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mmm.. this bit "Go to your Samsung calendar back on your phone" assumes you have a samsung phone, but what do we do for those who have a samsung watch WITHOUT a samsung phone, I wonder how we get the calendar app on the watch to do a sync having added outlook calendar to a gmail. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mmm.. this bit "Go to your Samsung calendar back on your phone" assumes you have a samsung phone, but what do we do for those who have a samsung watch WITHOUT a samsung phone, I wonder how we get the calendar app on the watch to do a sync having added outlook calendar to a gmail. 
then go back to google calendar or whatever calendar is on your phone. Should work the same. On my Samsung phone I just sync my gmail calendar with the built in Samsung calendar. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Brilliant this worked a treat. I've been looking for this solution for ages. You've made my day. Thanks rockstrongo

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally got around to doing this and it works!

Thank you

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 51,910 Applies to: