sympatico address will end soon. can i continue with outlook.com. if yes, how can i create the address.

i just cancelled my internet service with Bell with one month notice, so I will no longer have access to my @sympatico email address by mid Feb.

Do i have option to create an.....@outlook.com account that will maintain my email data and skydrive etc. If yes, can you please advise how I can do that?

Thanks

Hi AMcanada,

We have a feature in Microsoft wherein you can transfer information from your email account to another account. To transfer your e-mails and contacts, please visit the link below on how to do this:

True Switch

Note: When you sign back in to Hotmail, you’ll notice that it’s beginning to import your emails (this could take a few hours if you have a lot of emails to bring over).

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That service seems to be discontinued.

I'm about to cancel my account with Bell Sympatico shortly.  I get all my email by downloading the mail into outlook on my desktop.   I can also view my sympatico accounts via outlook.com.

Will my sympatico.ca emails still work on outlook.com once I cancel with Bell and can I still download to my outlook client and view via outlook.com?

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sean,

We appreciate your efforts in bringing this matter to our attention.

I understand that you wish to view your sympatico.ca emails via Outlook.com.

You will be able to download them to your mail client (Outlook) and you will be able to see your emails through Outlook.com, yes. However, if you end your subscription to the said email service provider, you will not get the emails from the your mail client and you will not be able to see them in Outlook.com.

You may find the article below helpful.

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

Should you have other concerns, please let us know.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sean,

We appreciate your efforts in bringing this matter to our attention.

I understand that you wish to view your sympatico.ca emails via Outlook.com.

You will be able to download them to your mail client (Outlook) and you will be able to see your emails through Outlook.com, yes. However, if you end your subscription to the said email service provider, you will not get the emails from the your mail client and you will not be able to see them in Outlook.com.

You may find the article below helpful.

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

Should you have other concerns, please let us know.

Regards.

how do I keep my account ?

received a message from Microsoft that outlook was about to end soon , no mention of Hotmail, that I must update, name recommending I do it was a santanu ghosh , I googled it an advised it was a phishing scam so I deleated it , sent it to junk mail , did I do the right thing , am I infected just by looking at the message? i have a screen shot of the message if interested

thank you 

Ed 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2024 Views 5,699 Applies to: