Something went wrong & Outlook can't set up my account!

I had my Office 365 work account setup in my Outlook app for PC. I noticed today that I hadn't received any emails in the last 4-5 days. I then noticed a message at the bottom of my Outlook screen that said 'Need Password'. I tried clicking on it, nothing. A box would pop up & disappear & I would be back to my not-updated mailbox. In an effort to fix this, I tried removing the account. Now, I can't log back in!! I get this annoying error message (which is also the same error message that I get when I try to set up my college email account....

"Something went wrong & Outlook couldn't set up your account. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your email administrator."

Also Office 365.) I believe both are considered 'Exchange' accounts. Retrieving the POP/IMAP would be a pain but is this the only solution!?!? 

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this for me! The first time I set up my work account, I had ZERO problems. I was set up & running in less than 2 minutes. I'm not sure why there is a problem now. :-( 

Hi MOHara87,

I'm Tyler, an independent advisor trying to help.

I suggest that you read this article. I think it would be good for resolving the issue.

> https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-something-went-wr...

I hope this helps you.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Best Regards,
Tyler.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I am an independent advisor, and I am trying to help other users in Community with my experience in Microsoft products.

Please check the response of this forum and follow the steps listed there. The problem seems similar to yours so it can help you.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

Hope this helps.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Thanks and regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear MOHARA87

I am an independent advisor, and I am trying to help other users in Community with my experience in Microsoft products.

You can use SARA tool to try to resolve this problem https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/409855... It can identify the problem and suggest the solution

If SaRA will not help, I advise you to contact your IT administrator to resolve this. There could be a policy change or your account could have been suspended. Only IT department can check this and help out
Regards,
LA
***I'm an independent advisor and I don't work for Microsoft***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 7, 2024 Views 30,560 Applies to: