Someone has hacked my Hotmail account and I can't get in now. They changed my password.

Question Summary
Other Windows Live Mail issues
Please provide your impacted Email address :
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Did you receive an error code or message?
No
Please enter the error code or message you received
No message, I can't get in.... Spam letters went out.
Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?
Other
Choose your Operating System version :
Windows 7

Additional Details

I had my Hotmail account hacked into and they changed my password.  I now can not get into it and they are still using my account.
I have business things I want on there.  I really would like it blocked and then ask me whatever and I will anwser what is needed.
My account is:  *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I sent in a request 3 o 4 times.  The first one said they wanted more info.  That number is Pin #29954758  But their is no more lines to fill in.  They also wanted subject lines but I really don't fill them in.  I can give alot of folder names and some e-mail addresses.  I lost most of the e-mail addresses too.....  That is all.  It has been over a month.
People are sending things to my account and I can't get the info.  Very Frustrating.  I have not known what to do. 

Please help me as to what I can do.....

Sincerely, 
Rosemary Simonson

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2019 Views 22,760 Applies to:

Hi PurpleorLilac,

After reviewing the information you provided and looking at your account details, I have determined that you have to go through the account recovery process. Please click on this 
link to reset and validate your account.

Once you are on the Password Reset page, please choose I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID and click on Reset Password. Then type in the text box the blocked email address and the HIP characters. After that, click on Next. Select customer support option, a customer support link will appear, please click it. Enter the email address *where we should contact you and then you will be redirected to Recover your Windows Live account page then click Continue. Follow the on-screen instructions to validate your account.

*Note: If your alternate email address is inaccessible, you can enter the other email address that you have an access so that you will be able to receive the password reset link to notify you about the result of the validation process.

Thanks,

Windows Live Gwyneth A.
Rate this moderator

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi I am having the same problem as this. The email account that I cant get into is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I cant have the password reset as the email address I have linked to the account for reset (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) is my old Uni email which now doesnt exist.

They have changed the password reset question to 'ul never guess dont even try'

I have tried the process above twice and both times its been rejected. (33788951 & 34541963)
The problem is I havn't used this email account to send emails for a long time as it is now saturated with loads of junk/notification emails, you will see there are thousands of new unopened emails in there.

Can you advise any next steps I can take? I'm keen to get the email account blocked or password sorted out as I'm worried about what the hacker is doing with my account. Am happy to try and answer any questions which may help

thanks!

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi hayleyambridges,

I see where you are coming from, but I'm afraid the only way to regain access to your account is by passing the online account recovery process. I suggest that you go through it again and provide as much information as you can.

You can follow the steps below for you to try the Online Account Recovery Process, once you passed this, the password reset link will be sent on an email address that you will specify on the form:

1. Go to this link: Reset your password.
  2. Click on the third option: I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID.
  3. Select Reset your Password option.
  4. Enter your Windows Live ID.
  5. Enter the characters you see on the picture, and then select Next.
  6. Click on Customer Support.
  7. When Customer support appears, select it.
  8. Enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover.
  9. Enter your alternate email address (make sure that you can access the alternate email that you’ll be providing here so we can correspond to the said address if there’s any problem with the validation process.)
  10. Click on Continue.
  11. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Windows Live account recovery page then click on Continue to submit.
  12. A page that says Your information has been submitted will appear, write down the PIN then follow the on-screen instructions thereafter.

Thanks,
Windows Live Francisco R.
Rate this Moderator

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't no where to write this post so i will write it here for Microsoft , you new outlook is absolute shocking , i have been hacked and have been trying to get my email account back for weeks , all you silly questions is pointless i have been hacked for weeks how have i meant to remember emails to me or emails i have sent , i have given enough proof to show that's its me , and also i do not have an xbox account so i would really like help to get to the bottom of this i am not happy at all with your system and the way its being changed , i cant even get in to change my email where the links get sent to as i have made new emails , help me please , i have read all the posts click password recovery etc , none of its working.

76 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I totally agree.None of this works,i tried it 5 times and all the codes you keep sending me simply don't work.My account has been hijacked for almost a week now and i can't even get into my account,but people are receiving all kinds of spam under my name.Filling out those questions is useless,because i always get a negative response back.First i changed my password,like you said,i created a new account like you said, but what for???? I want my e-mails back.This is extremely frustrating and i ain't getting anything out of the Support you pretend to offer.OUTLOOK really is useless,very dissapointed.I NEED my e-mails back,RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't get mine either. I need help, all my scholarship information and everything is on that email. I got an email from google docs and I opened it. This apparently was not google docs, it was a hacker. I don't know how to let google know that someone is using them to hack on to emails but this has happened to my dad and spread to those that he works with and family members. Fortunately he was able to get back onto his email because he uses gmail, but those who have hotmail (myself) still can't get on. I have tried several times, giving Microsoft my name, birthday, where I live, people I have recently contacted, folders I have created, other passwords I have used and the names of the emails I have sent out. YES, I have given more than three, just like it recommends. I then created a new account (after trying to play answer the questions 10 times) and it told me I could get some of my contacts back and everything, this did not work. My old email, the one that it was supposed to send the code to is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, why was this the old one? Because verizon deleted all of the emails when it was taken over. I am very frustrated because my scholarship information is very important to me and when I had them send information to my hotmail account, the account that I trusted the most…..I guess it wasn't a good idea. I see several people have had the same issues, maybe SOMEONE can help me resolve my problem. 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello jazz frances,

We're glad that you joined us. The Microsoft Community welcomes novice users who are looking for help, technology experts who are looking to share their expertise, and everyone in between.

Now that you've registered, you can ask questions, reply to posts, start or join discussions, or comment on the latest wiki articles. Pretty soon you might start earning badges and awards too!

Type your question in the search box and press Enter. You'll get a list of great ideas from other members of our community. From there, you can join an existing conversation or start your own.

See your thread history, add a profile picture, or change your email address, all in your profile page.

See you online!

The Microsoft Community team

REALLY??? I am a bit offended that you welcome me to your community.I want my e-mails back that's all.Do you have any idea when that is going to be,because i'm starting to get really fed up now.I've tried everything 10 times and nothing,i mean NOTHING works.This sucks big time!!!!

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

My account was hacked. I have tried account recovery four times. I passed all the security questions, and gave an alternative hotmail account address. I requested the code sent to my mobile by SMS or the alternative hotmail account. The code never arrives. I have asked four times for them to check the mobile number,  but they dont check it is the correct one. The code is being sent to the wrong place!

I have done online live support, and was  reassured it would be made a priority. My issue has gone to the escalation team, nothing was resolved. I have two SRX threads, they have been shut down by microsoft, as they say they cant help further. I have done another request for help and havent heard back in 48hours.

I am still waiting one month later to get back into my business email. This is costing me money

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I too was hacked on my hotmail account and like so many others, had the most unbelievable difficulty in re setting my password.  I spent an entire day, getting the same peculiar requests for information, told I'd be sent a code which never arrived, I honestly felt like I would go insane from answering all the various questions and still being brought back to the page that asks for a code, which I don't have.  There is an option to say I don't have a code, but when you click on that, it takes you back to the page asking for a code!!!  One friend was even asked for digits and security code from his credit card!  I have zero confidence in the security of Microsoft and even less confidence in their ability to resolve these problems the whole process of trying to re set your password is too complex and doesn't work anyway.  On my last attempt it asked me to enter my alternate email address to receive the code, then sent me a message with a totally different email address to my alternate.

Microsoft, you need to sort this out, I can see a real disaster looming through lack of security and the problems that result when users cannot access their email because Microsoft fails to offer a timely solution.  Your current means for re setting passwords is clearly not working and causing a mother lode of stress for users.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello everyone,

We understand that you're having a hard time getting in to your accounts. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Upon checking, we've determined that the Microsoft Account team can best address this problem.

Visit this link and select the appropriate option for your concern. If you can’t find your issue on the list of the options, you can choose “My problem isn't listed here”.

I have locked the thread as this is a Microsoft account concern.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.