Shared Mailbox Signature in Outlook

I am unable to set a default signature for sending as a shared mailbox in Outlook.  The shared mailbox is automatically added by Outlook after being created in the Office 365 Admin center.  I can send as the shared mailbox by selecting the mailbox in the "From:" field in an email draft.  However, the email still contains the signature for my personal email.  I unable to set an email signature under File -> Options -> Mail -> Signatures....  Under the "E-mail account:" drop-down selector there is no option for the shared mailbox.  Only my personal email is selectable.  

I also tried adding the shared mailbox as an e-mail account with my personal credentials but I get an error when clicking the account on the left-hand menu: "The set of folders cannot be opened.  The attempt to log on to Microsoft Exchange has failed."

Please help.  I really need a different signature for the shared mailbox and copying and pasting for each email is a hassle.

Answer
Answer

This is a poor workaround. It does not allow any kind of formatting such as inserting weblinks or selecting fonts. Not even line breaks. It is just plain text. Perhaps suitable for a disclaimer but not for an email signature.

This is really basic stuff and another example of Microsoft dropping the ball on basic usability.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 28, 2024 Views 19,917 Applies to: