Set up AOL email in outlook

Trying to setup AOL account in outlook , I know my email and password are correct but is not connecting

I tried AOL AP password but is not available

Hey! How are you doing? My name is Brandon, I'm not a Microsoft employee but I am an expert who will be happy to assist you today.

To set up an AOL email account in Outlook, you can follow these steps:

Open Outlook on your computer.
Go to the "File" tab and click on "Add Account" or "Add Email Account" (the exact wording may vary depending on your version of Outlook).
Enter your AOL email address and click on "Connect" or "Next".
Select "IMAP" or "POP" as the account type. IMAP is recommended as it keeps your emails synced across multiple devices. If you prefer POP, it will download the emails to your device.
Enter the following server settings for IMAP or POP:
Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com (for IMAP) or pop.aol.com (for POP)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
Enter your AOL email address and password in the respective fields.
Click on "Connect" or "Next" to let Outlook verify your account settings.
If prompted, provide any additional information requested by Outlook.
Once the account is successfully added, you can customize the account settings, such as the display name and sync options.
If you've entered your AOL email and password correctly but are still unable to connect, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Enable Less Secure Apps: AOL may require you to enable access for less secure apps to connect with Outlook. Go to your AOL account security settings and enable the option for "Allow apps that use less secure sign-in".
Two-Step Verification: If you have two-step verification enabled for your AOL account, you may need to generate an app-specific password. Go to the AOL account security settings and generate a unique password specifically for Outlook.
Firewall or Antivirus: Check your computer's firewall or antivirus settings to ensure they are not blocking Outlook from connecting to the AOL servers. Temporarily disable them and try setting up the account again.
Check AOL Service Status: Occasionally, AOL may experience service disruptions or maintenance. Visit the AOL Service Status page to check if there are any known issues that could be affecting email access.
If the issue persists, you may need to contact AOL support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance related to AOL account setup in Outlook and help troubleshoot any account-related issues.

I hope this helps you set up your AOL email account in Outlook successfully.
Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

AOL is not allowing "Enable Less Secure Apps: AOL may require you to enable access for less secure apps to connect with Outlook. Go to your AOL account security settings and enable the option for "Allow apps that use less secure sign-in".
I am also unable to generate an App Password for Outlook for Android.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

AOL is not allowing "Enable Less Secure Apps: AOL may require you to enable access for less secure apps to connect with Outlook. Go to your AOL account security settings and enable the option for "Allow apps that use less secure sign-in".
I am also unable to generate an App Password for Outlook for Android.

After a few hours on the phone with AOL, the rep finally told me that AOL really does not want its users using third party APPs like Outlook because it is LESS secure. AOL is NOT planning on supporting new Outlook installations

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Many Thanks... Looks like we're stuck with the AOLMail app or the web interface & all it's advertisements.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 6,364 Applies to: