Set two Calendar Reminders--one before the event and one at the time of the event

I would like to be reminded of my calendar events twice--once before the event, which is possible now, and a second one at the time the event starts. I installed iCloud for Windows (v. 6.2.3.17) so that I could receive calendar notifications on my Apple devices. The iCloud Calendar is set to be my default calendar and syncs with my Outlook calendar. If I created a calendar event on the iCloud Calendar, I have a choice to set two "alerts" (same as reminders in Outlook). But I find the iCloud Calendar is clunky to use and doesn't have as many options as Outlook does with this exception. Is there a way in Outlook to set more than one reminder? I use Outlook 2016, Outlook Calendar, and the Outlook app on my Apple devices.

BTW, those of you interested in iCloud for Windows might be interested to know that it has worked as expected for me to sync my Calendars. The only Microsoft product that won't sync with appointments made on the iCloud Calendar is the iPhone Outlook app--probably a bug. I was terrified to install iCloud for Windows because I had such a bad experience with it a couple of years ago--I think they have worked out the kinks along with Microsoft resolving major sync issues several months ago.

Answer
Answer

Thank you. I also noted that there is an "Add an email reminder" option I can access via Outlook Calendar. (I cannot find that options in Outlook 2016.) That could also be a workaround.

In Outlook Calendar, New, Calendar Event, Add an email reminder; set desired time in Email reminder drop down; from Send reminder to, make desired choice; from Reminder message to send, enter any relevant information; Close.

Arlene

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Setting multiple reminders in Outlook is currently not an available option. We recommend checking Dianne Poremsky MVP (slipstick.com) answer from this post for other options that you can do.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Regards.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2024 Views 73,249 Applies to: