Set default calendar event to "free" instead of "busy"

Hi, I would like to change my default calendar event settings to "free" instead of "busy," what it's currently set on. I found a thread from 2011 but couldn't figure out how to do it either online or with Outlook for Windows. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Answer
Answer

Dear Alec217 ,

Thanks for choosing Microsoft community!

I have read your question carefully and done some research, please kindly refer to following:

First, go to File, Options, Customize Ribbon and add a check to Developer ribbon on the right.
Enable the Developer ribbon

Step 1: Go to the Calendar folder

Open the calendar folder you want to publish the form in. This makes it easier to publish the form because it gets published to the folder you are "working" in.

Step 2: Create custom appointment form

Open a new appointment form and change Show as time as desired.
Show time as Free

Step 3: Publish the form

Publish the form using the Publish form command on the Developer ribbon
Use the Publish form command on the Developer ribbon

The default location should be calendar so you just need to enter a name for your form.
Publish to Calendar folder

Step 4: Set the new form as default for new appointments

Right click on the calendar folder, choose Properties and select the form from the dropdown to set it as default.
Set the form as default on the Properties dialog

Now when you create a new appointment, the Free/Busy time will default to your desired setting, Free in this example.

Hope this help you, if there is any deviation in my understanding, please forgive me and provide me with more details. I am more than happy to continue to help you. I wish you all the best!

Best regards,

Kerry

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 12,459 Applies to: