Sending Mail Sound

This is a very minor issue, so bear with me. I have Outlook set up to make the default "Mail Sent" sound, but it never does. I like the sound because I know the mail went out. Any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Answer
Answer

Hi DGar1113,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft community.

Based on your description, I first tested on the Outlook for Mac. In Outlook > Preferences > Personal Settings > Notifications & Sounds, under Sounds, I confirmed that the check box for Message sent had been selected. Then, I used an Exchange mailbox (outlook.com) to send an email for testing the notification sound. Based on my test, the sound was not played at the very beginning, as it took about 1 minute to send this message. The sound was played once the message was finally sent. So if your message still stays in the Outbox instead of the Sent items folder, the message was not regarded as being sent and thus the sound wouldn't be played to notify the user that an email is sent.

Please further test and confirm about this. If the issue persists, please also check if other notification sounds get played normally and decide if it's the problem for Outlook notification or for the notification and sound settings in Mac OS.

Hope it helps! If any update, welcome to share with us.

Also for your reference:

Thanks & Stay safe,

Qian

---------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 894 Applies to: