Received Meeting Invitations doesn't show up in Inbox

In my inbox as well as for my users organization-wide I am seeing that periodically incoming meeting invitations don't show up in Inbox, but do show up in Calendar as tentative appointments/meetings. To accept or decline the meeting, the user has to check the calendar for any tentative meetings and process them.

Note, the meeting invitation does NOT show in the inbox at all to accept or decline. I see from other postings, that the standard reply is user accepted/declined meetings moved to deleted items. That is NOT the case here. Meeting invites do not show up in Inbox or deleted items at all.

There are not any calendar delegates. And there are no inbox rules or explicit rules either.

Resetting the inbox view also does nothing.

Dear Tara Evoy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your mentioned description, could you please allow us sometime? Because, we are finding few things regarding your scenario. We will update some information accordingly. We will ask some additional information if it is needed.

We are really appreciating your precious time and patience on forum community.

Stay safe and healthy.

Sincerely,
Darpan

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Tara Evoy,

Good day!

Thanks for posting to Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you.

As per the description you have shared, I understand that incoming meeting invites are don't show up in Inbox, but do show up in Calendar as tentative appointments/meetings.

To better understand the issue and provide solution, may I please double confirm when you create a meeting request, you also don't see meeting responses from attendees? but tracking information for the meeting is updated in your calendar? if so, please kindly follow the below steps, and check if there is any difference.

For additional information and download MFCMAPI, please kindly refer to Cannot receive tentative meetings requests or responses - Outlook | Microsoft Learn

Resolution #1

1. Download MFCMAPI.

Note: if you are using 32-bit Windows kindly download the MFCMAPI.exe.22.0.22216.01.zip, but if you are using 64-bit Windows use MFCMAPI.x64.exe.22.0.22216.01.zip.

2. Start MFCMAPI.

3. On the Session menu, select Logon.

4. Select the user's online mode Outlook profile, and then select OK.

5. In the list, double-click the user's primary mailbox (select your affected email account)

6. In the new window that appears, on the MDB menu, point to Display, and then select Receive folder table.

7. In the window, look for IPM.SCHEDULE.MEETING. Then, do one of the following:

• If IPM.SCHEDULE.MEETING is not present, go to resolution 2.

• If IPM.SCHEDULE.MEETING is present, go to step 8 of this procedure.

8. Expand the Root container.

9. Right-click Schedule, select Advanced, and then select Set Receive Folder.

10. Enter IPM.SCHEDULE.MEETING in the box.

11. Select Delete Association, and then select OK.

12. Repeat step 6 and 7 to make sure that the IPM.SCHEDULE.MEETING association is removed from the list.

13. Test to see whether the user can receive meeting responses and meeting requests in their inbox.

Resolution #2

1. Download MFCMPI.

2. Start MFCMAPI.

3. On the Session menu, select Logon.

4. Select the user's online mode Outlook profile, and then select OK.

5. In the list, double-click the user's primary mailbox (select your affected email account)

6. Expand the Root container, and then expand Top of Information Store.

7. Right-click Inbox, and then select Open Associated Contents Table.

8. In the upper part of the window, scroll to locate the Message Class column.

9. Select Message Class to sort the Message Class column.

10. Look for all messages that have a message class of IPM.Rule.Version2.Message.

11. Select each message that has a message class of IPM.Rule.Version2.Message, and then in the lower part of the window, look for a property that's called PR_RULE_MSG_PROVIDER.

12. Check whether the PR_RULE_MSG_PROVIDER property has a value of Schedule+ EMS Interface.

13. In the upper part of the window, delete messages whose PR_RULE_MSG_PROVIDER property has a value of Schedule+ EMS Interface.

14. Test to see whether the user can receive meeting responses and meeting requests in their inbox.

I look forward to you update. Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions or if I've got you wrong. I will keep assisting you based on the information you provide. We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thanks for your precious time.

Have a nice day! 

Sincerely,
Libeamlak | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Tara Evoy,

Good day!

Hope you are doing great.

Sorry to disturb. I am just following up this thread, could you please help to confirm if anything else we may help you with? Thanks so much for your time.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Libeamlak | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2024 Views 4,659 Applies to: