Problem with new Outlook, can't sign in, have issues with accessing email. Please help.

I had the old outlook before and I had an email that was created through my ISP, a non outlook.com email. I was able to get my email through the outlook app and that ended. I have since purchased Office 365 and cannot access my email through the new outlook.

There are two ways to access outlook from this new purchase, 1. through Outlook website and 2. the app on the desktop.
When I try to sign in using my email which is @rochester.rr.com not @outlook.com it says

"This username may be incorrect. Please make sure you typed it correctly. Otherwise, contact your admin."

I have changed my password and it does not work. I tried to add a phone to the account to get around using the email and that doesn't work.
This is all in the application on the computer, not the web browser. On the browser, I still have no access to my @Rochester.rr.com email.
On the browser it gave me a new @outlook.com and from the drop down menu it shows my @rochester.rr.com email but when I click on that it doesn't do anything at all.

I have paid $73 for Office 365 and require this to work.

If you could step by step help me I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

Hi Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help. I understand that you're unable to access your @rochester.rr.com email account using the new Outlook application or website. I can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide step-by-step instructions for setting up your non-Outlook email account in Outlook. Here are the potential reasons why you're encountering this issue: Incorrect Username or Password: Double-check if you're entering the correct username and password for your @rochester.rr.com email account. Ensure there are no typos or extra spaces. Account Migration Issues: If you recently migrated your @rochester.rr.com email to a new provider, it might take some time for the DNS records to propagate fully. This could cause temporary delays in accessing your email through Outlook. Outlook Configuration Issues: There might be an issue with how your @rochester.rr.com email account is configured in Outlook. The settings might be incorrect or incomplete. See this thread - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/troubleshooting-outlook-email-setup-8da1fb2d-316b-4448-a7cd-f543dd083315#:~:text=Enter%20your%20account%20password%2C%20then,Choose%20Connect. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-or-update-email-account-settings-in-outlook-for-windows-560a9065-3c3a-4ec5-a24f-cdb9a8d622a2 To resolve this issue, follow these steps: Check Username and Password: On a computer, open a web browser and go to the login page for your @rochester.rr.com email. Enter your username and password carefully. If you can log in successfully, then the issue is with Outlook configuration, not your account credentials. Verify Account Migration: If you recently migrated your email account, contact your new email provider and confirm that the migration process is complete. Ask them if there's any additional waiting period before your email can be accessed through Outlook. Configure Outlook: If the username and password are correct and the migration is complete, then it's likely a configuration issue in Outlook. Open Outlook and go to File > Info > Account Settings. Select your @rochester.rr.com email account and click Change. Ensure the account type is set to IMAP or POP3, depending on your email provider's instructions. Enter the correct Incoming and Outgoing server settings provided by your email provider. Click Next and then Finish. Remember to check your email provider's website or contact their support team for specific instructions on setting up your email account in Outlook. They may have additional requirements or configuration steps that need to be followed. Please kindly let me know if the possible solutions provided helps and if you need any other assistance, I will be more than happy to help further. Please, remember to give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by rating how this conversation was helpful. Kind Regards -Adedayo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Im thjick as a plank cant access my account

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i cant excess my outlook acc

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 3,517 Applies to: