Problem with duplication when copying meetings in Outlook (Office 365), shared mailbox calender.

We have a shared mailbox and shared calender in Outlook 365. We are 7 users. When trying to copy a meeting (with attendees) to a new time slot (selecting the meeting, pressing Ctrl +C, selecting a new time slot, pressing Ctrl+v), the system duplicates the meeting in the same time slot as the old meeting. When removing (canceling) the duplication, the invited persons get a cancelation for the original meeting, which is also rather confusing. This problem exists only if the meeting has attendees, if no one have been invited, the copy process above works as expected.

The problem have only occured the latest 4-6 months, before that we used the procedure above without any trouble. (The new meeting was placed in the new time slot and the only thing that we had to do was to press "send" to invite the attendees. )

Thankful for any help. This is an important function for us since we do often copy meetings using the same setup.

Best regards

John

Dear John F_A,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

Based on your description, I understand that you have a concern with the “duplication when copying meetings in Outlook (Office 365), shared mailbox calendar.” We are looking into the issue, however before we proceed, we need more detailed information about the situation you are experiencing.

Please help us in isolating the issue by providing the following information:

1. Have you tried Outlook on the web to see if the same issue happens?

2. Is this shared calendar accessible among the shared mailbox delegates, or is it simply the shared mailbox calendar?

3. Is the duplicate shown in the delegates' calendars or just in the shared calendar?

We look forward to hearing from you, please let me know and provide a more detailed description so we can provide you with more specific assistance. I appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

Sincerely
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear De Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are the answers to your questions (I hope):

1) I tried Outlook on the web. I do not have the same possibility to use CTRL+C to copy the meeting there, however if I highlight the meeting, right click, and select duplicate, I can create a new meeting with the same content and attendees in a new time slot and send new invitations. Thus it seems to work as expected. Therefore, the problem seems to apply to the Outlook for Windows app only?

2) All users that have access to the shared mailbox and calendar. New meetings are created by any one, within this common calendar. Thus, when creating a new meeting within the common calendar it is created from that shared account, and you invite yourself and others to that meeting. (The calendar is used to book resources and staff for certain activities).

3) As long as you do not hit "send update" for the duplicate meeting, the duplicate does not show in the invited peoples calendars. However, if you try to remove the duplicate from the shared calendar, you have send a cancelation to all invited attendees. When you do, you do also cancel the original meeting within their calendar.

All users with access to the shared mailbox can see the duplicates within the calendar, so it is not a user related issue.

Best regards

John

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 1,088 Applies to: