POP email accounts no longer working on New Outlook

I have both POP and IMAP email accounts configured on the Mail App in Windows 10. However, I have just switched to the New Outlook but now my POP email accounts no longer work. It is not even possible to reinstall the POP accounts as New Outlook only permits the configuration of IMAP accounts on the Mail App.

In the circumstances, is there any way I can go back to the Old Outlook? Can someone please advise?

|
Answer
Answer

Hello Nancy2019 Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today. First, just so there is no misunderstanding, this is a public user-to-user support forum. We're users helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and have no input on Microsoft's policies, procedures, or design decisions. At some point, the "new Outlook" is going to completely replace the Windows 10 / 11 Maiil app. At the current time, as you have discovered, the "new Outlook" does not support POP accounts. With that said, if you are launching the "new Outlook" by clicking on the Mail icon in the Windows 10 / 11 Start menu, yu should see the ""new Outlook" toggle in the top right. Yu will not see that toggle if you explicitly launch "new Outlook" by clicking on the "Outlook new" icon https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/8b0065f3-1251-4a84-b5ad-0c4d2b70f17a?upload=true&fud_access=TCzq1iDpL2dhiKv23orFMKYsqTi7BThO9hhxOgfxBWkGV96L68iVUgNBLXze0tRjYkye1IuDptX%2F%2BqfVCeZh424CcGjiVYQPPFS8YKA2ZfgESyhCe8mEXuTmeCWdTfQEBeBo48iv27qMyqXJ2nuseClCuA4k0OE3q3gFSxj9HURAyRujWlBHnuYYe%2F96vWpoEXVk3vHuvsiKIsah9qtZrZnVgc%2FzdXXEvLDJBAff2s22q1LbY90q6R1mjAi0M7ZHBp70ZXIhflOpKQ0A7hge%2F4jPavf9cWdQiY28NMLa1bNWdO3gMq2INozylbTgPg7pjk0EivH%2FwVB4GVJqUPfzbDqn2eRMDDHr9BAio3YAvCYbN2pkmDb74uG%2FwXUbNCcVxyT7mgPCxgVmVvKkZl8cqf2YExh9%2BBGyPs4lyWfvMYE%3D For your info Things to look forward to in the new Outlook for Windows https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/outlook-blog/things-to-look-forward-to-in-the-new-outlook-for-windows/ba-p/3975602 If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help you further if needed.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP 2012-2018]

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 1,301 Applies to: