Outlook/hotmail email inbox flooded with spam/junk mail all of sudden

Why is my inbox now being flooded with junk/spam emails. In the last few days i'm now getting dozens of junk messages going to my inbox and my junk folder. This is so annoying. why is this happening. Microsoft your customer support online and your ability to prevent this type of email messaging is unbelievable. Your service is getting so bad. If this doesn't get fixed soon. I'll deleting my account and will no longer use anything MSN related. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, I'm Joamel. An independent expert who will try to help you with your problem

I understand that that bothers a lot, if you like you can enter this link where it talks a little about how to improve the filtering of emails or even configure so that they do not reach you to the spam folder, but that they are automatically deleted

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change... US & rs = en-US & ad = US

Regards,
Joamel

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for replying but...

The ideas in that articles are not options i have access too in my "Hotmail" "Outlook" email. Today i had 20 new spam messages in my inbox rather than being sent to my junk mail or even straight to my deleted folder. 

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same, clearly something changed with Hotmail/Outlook with regards to the Junk and Spam mail filter, no amount of blocking or reporting as phishing is slowing any of it down.  Outlook keeps subscribing me to all sorts of @support email services, new one pops in there every couple hours.  None of this was happening a month or two ago.  No real working answers are being given.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah good. I will try to find you a better solution

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So I found my own solution. It may be temporary but right now it's working!

So I found on a site somewhere that someone said to stop "unsubscribing" from the subscriptions that are spam- instead click on the the dots (see image below) and select "Block Sender"

every time you hit unsubscribe it's like you are telling the spam accounts that you exist so they keep sending you ****. So just block them! 

Then the next thing I did was look at the junk/spam email addresses and found that most of mine were coming from address that started with "Support@" so I created a rule that sends all messages that start with "support@" to my deleted folder. 

Then what I did was write down some of the suffixes and add them to my "Blocked sender and domains" list. For example= "@christnm.info" 

This has totally helped! I'm now not getting any junk/spam email in my inbox and the junk mail i'm getting in my "junk" folder is so much less! 

Hope this helps someone! Good luck. 

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've done everything suggested on this page and nothing is working. Clearly something has changed with Outlook over the past month. I am now getting hundreds of junk emails (going to my junk email folder), and no amount of blocking the sender of the domain seems to change it one iota. What's extra annoying is, I have to scan the junk email subject lines (without opening the email) to see if there's one that might actually be a legitimate email to me, and I'm disgusted with them, all of which seem geared to older men, which I'm not. I'm exploring a new email address because this is so annoying.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Couldn't agree more with this thread. I've had this Hotmail account for over 20 years and I've never had so much spam as I now have just in the last month. And the amount of it coming to my inbox that is clearly spam is higher than it's ever been. Plus I've got far more false spam messages being sent to spam that shouldn't be. No amount of marking as spam, blocking, reporting legit emails as not spam, has brought any improvement. What the heck happened at Hotmail?! I shouldn't have to review my Spam folder for valid emails but now I have to do that daily just to avoid missing critical messages.

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Couldn't agree more with this thread. I've had this Hotmail account for over 20 years and I've never had so much spam as I now have just in the last month. And the amount of it coming to my inbox that is clearly spam is higher than it's ever been. Plus I've got far more false spam messages being sent to spam that shouldn't be. No amount of marking as spam, blocking, reporting legit emails as not spam, has brought any improvement. What the heck happened at Hotmail?! I shouldn't have to review my Spam folder for valid emails but now I have to do that daily just to avoid missing critical messages.
I’m having the same exact issue. My inbox is flooded daily with more spam than ever and every day I have to check both my spam folder and deleted messages for important emails that should be in my inbox. I’ve had this account for 18 years and this is the worst its ever been. 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did a "whois" lookup to see where all the domains that are sending Junk Mail into our Outlook accounts are registered to....and every single time it showed WWW.DYNADOT.COM 

This company is hosting companies/people that knowingly spread and send millions of Junk Mail into our accounts every day.

You can report abuse and examples of the Junk Mail to this email address:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

They even have a section on their website where you can report Spam too:

https://www.dynadot.com/spam_policy.html

I already sent examples to them, so hopefully they can take action and shut these people down.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dynadot, namecheap and markmonitor have been the most for me. Its absolutely absurd. It would take me an entire day to email all of them just the spam i get in one day. 

namecheap even disputed one of the sites whois said they host!!  Like are you kidding me?? It was there in black and white. 

microsoft needs to fix this issue because after 20 years i’m about ready to close my oldest email account and stay with gmail. I don’t get a fraction of the spam there i get with my msn mail. 

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 4, 2021 Views 15,170 Applies to: