Outlook.com unable to sync email - can't locate/connect to imap server PCExtreme since this week

Dear all,

I've got a private domain hosted at pcextreme.nl (a large Dutch provider) and I have set up several email adresses for my family. These adresses work fine, except that my mom is unable to receive her emails in her outlook.com account since this week. I've talked the whole thing through with someone from support @ pcextreme.

Our conclusion for now: has microsoft perhaps not updated the certificate that PCextreme renewed past monday, may 6th of 2019?

I will do my best to be accurate in my description of the problem, and what I've tried, how we reached the above conclusion:

- The account has worked for the past half year, syncing to outlook.com went fine. Nothing changed serverside. All tablet/phone apps that are linked to the email accounts from this domain work fine (I'm using one myself as well, and it sycs to my iphone and gmail just fine).

- Conclusion here: the only problem for now is syncin in outlook.com. So:

- I've deleted the synced account and saved.

- I then set up the sync like I used to do, making use of all recent info. I am 100% using the correct login, usernames, server settings. I also tried all the different port combinations and security options (TLS/SSL)

I got the error: "We were unable to reach your email provider. Please check your server settings, or try again later."

- I contacted support from PCextreme. He suggested disabling encryption, this gave the following error

"A TLS API error occurred Error 0x80090326"

- We then used the direct IP addresses from the incoming and SMTP servers, which resulted in an IMAP error (check to see if IMAP is enabled).

- We ofcourse checked. It was enabled, and that is confirmed by the fact that we can login to the online client just fine, and sync to other services is working too.

At this point, tech support remarked that they did renew the security certificate since past monday, but they have not had anyone with this problem before. This does coincide with the beginning of the sync problem, so that was our final conclusion. (I contacted the outlook support telephone line, but after being hung up on three times without any reason, I decided it was not worth the frustration.)

I will try to resync after a couple of days to see if this issue just needed time or not, but it has been persisting for a week now, so I don't think it will help to wait longer.

With kind regards and hoping for swift and constructive response,

Tim

"

I'v'e got pretty much the same situation, except in my Outlook...first they told me they couldn't synchronize my account and that I needed to refresh the login information.  I attempted to re-enter the information, a good number of times!, and I keep getting the notice that something I entered is invalid.   Often when I go back in to re-enter the info, all the settings I entered just a couple of minutes before have disappeared and I have to start from scratch again.

I've been using Outlook since Windows10 arrived and I've had that email address for 8-10 years now, so nothing has changed at my end.  I've attempted (from the Outlook "Help" menu) to get somebody to respond to my problem, but they never answer my requests.  I DID get a service technician to talk to me yesterday, but she never got the concept of what I was attempting to do...I think she was reading from a script that was addressed to amateur computer users that had NEVER signed in to email.  She NEVER could understand HOW I was going into Outlook!

Oh well, any suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2022 Views 469 Applies to: