Outlook will not Browse Computer for Attachments

I am working on a MacBook Pro, and I am having the same problem with both my Outlook Office account and my personal Outlook Live account.  When I click on the attachment icon, I still get the drop down menu which includes "Browse this Computer".  However, it does not - no Finder window appears as it did previously.  I do get a window for OneDrive.  Thoughts?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi marlowedekat,

We understand that you’re having issues with attaching files in Outlook, as it won’t browse on your device. Let’s check on this further and we’ll help you in the best way we can to sort this out.

This may be an issue with the actual platform being used or may have something to do with conflicts searching for the files in the device being used. To know more about this, we’d like to ask the following:

1. Noted that the thread is tagged under Outlook.com, may we confirm which Outlook platform are you trying to attach files to? Is it via Outlook.com from a browser or through the Outlook for Mac app?

2. When did the issue start? Were there any possible changes or updates made before this happen?

3. Do you have another device that you can check if you’ll be able to browse for files that can be attached in the email? This is just to isolate if it’s only happening on the current device being used.

4. Is there any error message that appears, or it just doesn’t do anything when you selected the option to browse the computer?

Once we got your answer, we’ll make sure to provide appropriate recommendations. We’ll wait for your response.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello -

Thank you for your reply to my question. I took affew days off from technology, but with the work week coming, it would be good to have this fixed.  I will try to answer your trouble-shooting questions in order:

1.  I am accessing Outlook through a browser, Safari.  For personal email, I have Outlook Live/Hotmail.  For work I am accessing the web version of Outlook Office/365.  I am having the same problem with both.  My Mac is running Mojave.

2.  The problem started last week and yes, if was after an MS update.  I'm not certain what it was updating.  I hit "Install" when a I had some down time, and let it do its thing.

3.  No, I do not have another device to check on.

4.  When I click on Attach, either at the top or bottom of the mesage screen, one of two things happens:  Nothing, or a brief flash of the spinning wheel.  The Finder for my files on my Mac never opens.  If I click on Cloud locations, a Finder opens immediately.  Unfortunately, this does not help me.

I hope this information helps to point to a solution.  Thank you for your assistance.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Based on the information provided, it may be a browser-related issue since you’re accessing your account via the web version of Outlook from a browser.

We can try isolating this concern further by troubleshooting the browser you’re using. You may clear its cache and cookies, reset the browser and try to do it in private browsing. Then check if you’ll encounter the same issue when attaching file. If you may need assistance on this can be done, you may check their support websites for reference or contact their support team.

Also, you may use another browser aside from the one you’re using and check if Outlook will be able to browse your device for the attachments.

On the other hand, if you also have an installed Outlook for Mac app, you may try using it and verify if you’ll be able to select file to be attached in an email. This is also another way for us to isolate the concern.

Please respond to this thread to let us know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform us by replying to this post.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This same thing is happening to me. Has anyone figured out a solution? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, I have the same problem. Can't seem to fix it despite many attempts. Have you figured out a solution? Thanks!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope - I even conned my work IT into trying to fix it, since I am now using my personal laptop for work. They verified that I do have the most recent Safari. This definitely started after the last MS Office update. I'm just hoping that the next update fixes it. Let me know if you find a solution!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, and bummer! I just switched my browser to Chrome and it works in Chrome. Frustrating that Safari sucks but what can you do...

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On 12-14-2020, I upgraded to Safari version 14.0.2. Since then, I am not able to attach files in my Outlook.com Hotmail Email account. When I click on "Attach" then "Browse this computer", nothing happens. It used to open up Finder where I could select the file I wish to attach. Other than this, Hotmail is running normally. I am able to attach files in Hotmail using Firefox and Chrome. Is this a known issue related to the Safari upgrade I did?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Everything was working fine for me until after the last MS Office update, so I think it's a MS issue. It's affecting both my Hotmail account and my work Outlook account. Frankly, I think the MS products for Mac stink, and wouldn't use them if I didn't have to for work. I just noticed there is another update pending. I'll be interested to see if it fixes this.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly the same issue here, also using Safari and following an update about a week or two ago. Any fixes yet?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 14,590 Applies to: