Outlook sign in problem

Can't sign in to my outlook account. Tried resetting the password, but keeps telling me I have the wrong password. Now what?

Hi,

I understand that you're unable to sign-in to your Outlook.com email account . I can imagine how inconvenient this must be on your end. Don't worry, let me assist you.

Have you tried recovering your account or clicking the forgot password link to direct you to recover your password?  

If you click the forgot password link, it will ask you for an email address. this email address doesn't have to be one listed, just a normal working email address that you can access to, is all you need. If you can provide one, they will a send a code for you unlock your account. If that doesn't happen, Next thing you need is a mobile number where you can receive a text, which is the same procedure the system will send a code to unlock to your account. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried that numerous times to no avail! Super frustrating!

Stephanie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for letting me know. If you already did the suggested steps above, have you tried the recovery form? If you haven't I suggest doing so. If you are going to fill-up the recovery form, I would suggest the following:

• Try to remember as much information as you can. The more accurate the information that you provide, the more chances of recovering your account.
  • Try to remember the emails that you sent to your friends, relatives, or colleagues. If possible you can ask a copy of your emails from them.
  • If you have other accounts like X-box, Skype, or any subscription that can help you recover your account, you can include them, as long as you provide accurate information.

If you need more information and tips to recover your account, you can check this Microsoft article. Filling up the recovery form doesn't have a limit, you can try twice a day until you succeed. However, if you feel that you are not making any progress, it's up to you to make a new Microsoft account. 

Let us know if you have other concerns. 

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We are glad that your concern was solved. In the future, if you have other Office apps concern, please don't hesitate to post back to the Community Forum.

Keep safe.

Regards,

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2023 Views 481 Applies to: