Outlook not downloading pictures in emails (Trust Centre Settings settings already checked)

Hi 

Recently Outlook (Microsoft 365 desktop version) stopped downloading pictures when I receive new emails.

I cleared the "Don't download pictures automatically in standard HTML email messages or RSS items" in the Trust Centre Settings.

This does NOT solve the problem.

I have to view every email in a browser.

If I click "forward" on the email, then the email does show the pictures but it will not download/show the picture if I just open the email.

I have googled countless ways of describing my issue and 99% of "fixes" tell me to clear the Automatic Download settings in the Trust Centre.

Answer
Answer

Hello Redmat,

We haven't heard back from you, is issue still existing? If so, you could try to create a new Outlook profile, for some issues of this kind can be caused by profile corruption. Please kindly note do not remove the old profile to prevent data loss):

1. Open Control Panel->User Accounts->Mail-> Show profiles...

2. In general tab of the prompt window, click Add->name the new profile and configure your account to it.

3. In general tab, select “Prompt for a profile to be used”, then save the changes.

4. Restart Outlook with this profile.

If above way can't fix the issue, you could also try to online repair it. Please be kindly noted that online repairing is almost equal to re-installation, it's suggested to back up all local data first. 

Have a good day,

Anna

--------* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 2,182 Applies to: