Outlook not connecting to my BT Internet email account

I have Microsoft 365 and use outlook to connect to my BT account. When I open outlook I get a 'Internet Email@ box that asks for my user name and password.

Even when I enter the correct detail the box comes straight back and won't go away no matter how many times I enter the details.

I know my BT account works as I get my emails on my iphone and can log into my mail from Chrome.

BT can only advise to change my password and try again which has worked on occasions in the past but does now not work.

I am definitely not brilliant with computers so need some help please.

Hi JBarryware,

Thank you for reaching out!

We understand that Outlook keeps asking for your username and password for the BT Internet email account. Let’s have this matter isolated and address it as soon as possible.

Based on your description, you are using an Outlook desktop app that comes with an Office suite to access your account. Could you confirm this?

Regarding your concern, the account may have two steps verification enabled reasons of its username and password keep coming up. Also, sometimes some of the email accounts require an app password in order to access or configure the email account in any email client which includes the Outlook platform. To get this information, you may need to coordinate with your email provider on how the app password can be created or generated. Also, making sure with them that you have the appropriate configuration for your email account that should be working on the Outlook application.

Once we got any answers, we’ll then provide you appropriate recommendations to solve this matter. We look forward to your response.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 2,415 Applies to: