Outlook mobile app on Android not receiving emails after last Android update

Hi, I have a problem with the Outlook mobile app for Android. Last night I updated Android with the latest software update and today i stopped receiving emails on my IMAP emails accounts which I use in Outlook. The same accounts are working on the desktop app and on the mobile app installed on an Iphone. I tried everything Outlook Mobile App support suggested but without succes: deleting cache from the app, forced stop of the app, reseting accounts, deleting and adding again the accounts...nothing worked. I have sent test emails on the accounts. On the desktop outlook i am receiving them but on the mobile app on android I dont...help! what can I do?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have a similar problem, if not the exact same problem, on a Samsung Galaxy s8 android phone.  When I restart the phone, emails will come in for a while, but then new arrivals do not appear.  The phone vibrates when new emails arrive and the notifications show them arriving, but when I touch the Outlook app, the new emails are not there.  I've done everything Proper_Cris has done, but to no avail.  Help would be appreciated.

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

We have noticed that the post has been idle for quite some time now. We want to check on things and confirm if you are still encountering the same concern. If yes, as you mentioned the issue occurs after the last Android Update, where you also be able to check and install the latest Outlook Update for your Android device? If so and the problem persists, how about uninstalling and reinstalling the Outlook app, is there any improvement?

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We have noticed that the post has been idle for quite some time now. We want to check on things and confirm if you are still encountering the same concern. If yes, as you mentioned the issue occurs after the last Android Update, where you also be able to check and install the latest Outlook Update for your Android device? If so and the problem persists, how about uninstalling and reinstalling the Outlook app, is there any improvement?

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Friday, November 8, 2019

8:45 p.m. EST

Updating and reinstalling has corrected the problem.  Thank you for your help!

Now, I have another problem.  My Outlook Email and Calendar sync to my phone, but my Outlook Contacts aren't syncing.  I can't figure out what to do.

Thank you for your continue assistance.

Jimmy Gentry

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update, Jimmy. We're glad that the main concern was already resolved. 

In line with your other query, have you tried following the troubleshooting steps below to solve this matter? 

• In the Outlook app, go to Settings  > Tap the account that is not syncing > Tap Reset Account. Check to see if your account is syncing.

Still not working? Delete and re-add your email account:

• From Settings, tap the account that is not syncing > tap Delete Account > Delete From This Device.
  • Then re-add your email account in Outlook for Android.

Note: If you're prompted to set up your email as an IMAP account, your email provider may not be able to sync the calendar and contacts. Contact them or your administrator for help. If you're asked to enter server settings, you need to get server settings from your provider.

If so and the issue persists, we suggest that you contact our In-App Support for additional recommendations to get your contacts well synchronized in your Outlook application. To get in touch with them, please follow the steps provided in this article

Please reply to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still does not work for me with my Google Account..  I've reset the account, my phone, deleted everything .   I'm  not back on the gmail interface.    That just sucks

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue since 3 days... Tried reset account, remove data of Outlook in Android settings, uninstall and reinstall app... I get no more emails since Wednesday 15. Got version 4.1.1.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S8 Android.  I have tried everything to include clearing my Cache, several times, resetting my account and uninstalling my app and reinstalling.  It works for a while then stops working randomly.  I have to turn off my phone and then get my emails but not always.  VERY FRUSTRATING, especially since these are my work emails!!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've done all the above several times and continue to have problems.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you! I've been without access to outlook for a week untiul I found this!

it worked!

Phil

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I deleted the account in the app, then re-added it only to have it tell me the server connection timed out. So I cancelled the process, returned to the beginning where it finds my email account. Upon selecting it, the account loads, but I cannot receive any emails, but I can send some. I have the same problem with Outlook.com, but the Outlook app on my windows 10 PC works perfectly!

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 12, 2024 Views 41,657 Applies to: