Outlook Mac Send Email From Alias does not work

Running Version 16.86.1 (24061443) (New Outlook) on a Mac. When I send as an alias, the recipient sees my primary SMTP email, not the alias.

For example:

Primary SMTP is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Alias is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. When sending email using the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** alias from Outlook on a Mac, recipient sees the sender as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

In Windows, following the same procedure/sending from an alias, a recipient sees the alias email as the sender (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***).

Seems like this might be a known issue on the Mac:

Has anyone found a way to send as an alias from Outlook on a Mac so that a recipient sees the alias address as the "sender?"

|

Hello Supply-PWC,

Good day. Thank you for posting in the community!

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Based on the information you provided, I have consulted with my team members about your situation, and I would like to let you know that this is very sensitive case and associated with data security. There is a dedicated support team for Outlook for Mac issues which specializes in handling outlook related issues for MAC. The best approach should be reach out to Outlook for Mac support team so that they can gather more information and troubleshoot regarding the email send issue. I would like to suggest you Contact the Outlook for Mac support team for further troubleshooting:

Contact support within Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support

I would greatly appreciate your valuable cooperation and valuable time. 

Sincerely

Md Ashabul Haque | Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 25, 2024 Views 25 Applies to: