Outlook is very slow. Blank white screen after login.

There are plenty of reports of this issue for some time and no real solution I have found. This happens in FF and IE. It might be linked to the very slow response from Hotmail now it has been 'upgraded' to Outlook. My feeling is the new system is just way off base with complex new stuff when all we need is pure email!

Generally the new Outlook system is so slow I give up. Clicking on email to read them take way longer than before the upgrade and uploading and downloading attachments is painful!

Looks to me that Microsoft would really like to get out of the FREE email game by cheesing off the current customers! I have been a user since the 1st day if was available many years ago so I have had good value for money but maybe GMail is a better option.

NOTE: Original thread's title:  "Blank white screen after login"

Hi PhilD,

Welcome to the forum!  Thank you for posting your issue.  We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.  Please allow me to assist you on this.

Please be informed that the issue with Outlook is already resolved.  If you are still experiencing issues with Outlook and it is not working as expected, it is possible that your browser has an issue and it is affecting your Outlook experience.  With this in mind, I recommend that you optimize your browser.  To do this, please follow these steps:

If your browser is Internet Explorer, please go to  this site.

Otherwise, if you are using other browsers, please go to  this site.

If the above step did not address the issue, please provide us this information:

1. Impacted account email address

2. Server of your account

3. Fiddler Trace Logs (for Windows users) or trace.dmp File (for MAC users)

4. Screenshot of the page showing the exact error

To protect the privacy of your account, I've created a private message area wherein you can put the requested information.  You can find there the instructions on how to obtain the information.  Just click the red link: “You have a private reply to this message…” located above your post or click on Private Messages tab.  Please note that you need to sign in to this post forum for you to view the link.  Please confirm here in the public forum once you've provided the needed information.

We appreciate your patience in going through this issue.

Thank you and have a great day!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue on 2 notebooks and a PC using a mix of IE 9 and FF. If outlook is so temperamental that it needs special attention on every browser MS need to re-think. Email is simple and if it is slow then you have a real problem.

The blank screen has gone away so my view is that your server just cannot cope with the load of the new wiz bang system. However, the slow opening of emails once in the system still happens!

AND to add insult I am also experiencing the same issues on Office 365 which is a paid service. Too much of a coincidence as both are the same platform.

If you are unable to solve these simple issues I will have to move all over to Google who do seem to have their act together. Not something I really want to do but if MS just cannot get it together I will have no choice!

I am also seeing a message now in this forum saying the European system is experiecing issues that may cause slowness or errors!

Oh and to top this the email I recvd for the above reply cannot be replied to :-)

Come on MS you can do better than this bring back Bill he can fix it......

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello PhilD,

Good day. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience the issue has caused you. I know how important it is for you to access your account properly and with ease and you can always rest assured that we're doing our best to help.

We are also aware that some customers are experiencing latency in Outlook.com. For your concern to be prioritized and to speed up the process of troubleshooting it, please refer to this thread and follow the instructions provided in there.

You may want to check the server status of your account to be aware of any ongoing maintenance. To do this, kindly go to this link.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to inform us.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding regarding this matter.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you asking me to run fiddler and send the output?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PhilD,

We are sorry for the inconvenience about this issue.

With regard to your issues about your Outlook.com that is running slow please refer to the thread given by Rd_P above so that you can provide information to speed up the process of troubleshooting this issue.

Please refer to this link where you can post your concern about your issues in Office 365.

Let's go on to your issues in uploading an downloading an attachments. I would advise you also to try optimizing your browser. Sometimes the best solution is also the easiest. You can refer to this link for your reference.

If you are using Windows Internet Explorer 9 please update your IE9 with the latest security update. If you are unable to update IE9 to the latest security patch, then please try using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome in the meantime. Please refer to this link for your reference.

If you are using Internet Explorer 10 when sending an email it would be best to reset your browser settings. You can refer to this article below:

Internet Explorer 10 crashes when I add an attachment to my email in Outlook.com

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I'm having the same problem as above, but I'm confused as to how to access the private message area where we can give you the information that you require.

Please advise,

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting here in Microsoft Community.

I’m happy to help you with your concern.

Please be informed that if you’re not using an updated browser, some parts of Outlook might not work and it might not display properly. In the meantime, please optimize your browser and refer to this article for more information on how to get the best browsing experience in Outlook.com.

Which browsers are supported by SkyDrive, People and Outlook.com?

Should you have any other concerns, please let us know.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 28, 2022 Views 7,140 Applies to: