Outlook for Windows 10

I reset my laptop and as a result the system removed my Outlook.  Even though I have entered my product key and it was validated, the dialog box keeps poppping up to configure outlook even though my Outlook window comes up behind the dialog box.  But if I close the box that ask me to enter the product key again or configure Outlook again, my email window for Outlook closes also.  I need help stopping the dialog box from asking me several times to enter the product key code, validate it, then configure it several times.  I cannot open Outlook in safe mode either as it does the same thing.

Also, I haven't been receiving some emails and was wondering if there's a place to look in Microsoft Edge to find out if certain emails were blocked.  I'm having to use Outlook on the web in order to view my emails sometimes.

TY

Hello Sandra

From your description, when your laptop was reset, it completely removed all apps which in this case includes the old Outlook profiles where the email account information is stored.

First, you posted your question in the Outlook on the web (Outlook.com) forum focused on accessing an Outlook.com account via webmail (your browser) but your question implies you had either the full Office suite installed or a stand-alone version of Outlook. Once either of these have been activated, the license is permanently associated with the MS Account used to activate the product. You can't use the same product key again.

So first step, you would need to download/install from the applicable MS Account originally used to activate the program, Log into the account --> go to Services/Subscriptions --> download and install

https://account.microsoft.com/services/

If all Outlook profiles were removed (99.9% based on what you've described) - you would need to configure at least one email account when you start Outlook, otherwise you will not be able to proceed.
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Karl, thank you so much for your response. I'm at the subscription link, however I do not see a link to download and reinstall.  
Sandra Gainey

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The most important thing is that the you've logged into the correct account - if it is, then the products associated with your account would appear similar to the attached screenshot.

What version of Office (or Outlook if stand-alone) do you have? If it's an old version , the instructions may not apply in which case, you would need to re-enter the product key.

In either case, you would have to configure the first email account when Outlook is first launched.
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 10 and Outlook 10 is the version I'm using.
Sandra Gainey

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't get to Outlook because the system keeps asking me to enter the product key code, it validates it, then configures it.  The a dialog box tells me to open up any microsoft application.  I try opening up outlook, then it ask me for the product key again even though I can see outlook opened in the backgroup.
Sandra Gainey

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK - need to confirm exactly what's in use since if you're referring to the WIn 10 Mail app as Outlook 10 - that's a free app and doesn't a require a product key

Would help if you provided a screenshot of the exact screen you're see along with the exact steps you're following to launch Outlook. Note - virtually every computer comes with a trial version of Office and if you reset the computer - that would have been included in the reset and if you're launching that, it may well be asking you for a product key which you wouldn't have.

The attached screenshot shows the different "Outlook" programs (it's unfortunate that MS has the need to call almost all things email as "Outlook").

The top part (#1) is what the Win10 Mail app looks like and #2 what the top of the Outlook desktop program.

So if you were using the WIn10 Mail app - when you click on the Windows Start button - are you clicking on <Mail> or <Outlook>?
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 62 Applies to: