Outlook For Android Only Displays 30 days Emails

Is there any way to change the sync time in Outlook to show more than 30 days.  Currently I have the latest version 4.1.1 and cannot view any emails older than 30 days.  There is nowhere within the app to change the sync settings.  Is this as far back as Outlook allows you to go or is there a way to change the sync period. ?

Thanks

Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices

Hello Phil,

Welcome to Microsoft Community, and thank you for reaching out!

I understand that in this present generation, our emails are very valuable to us, and it's also important to keep track of all of the emails, even the old ones.

The Outlook app for Android is only capable of handling one month's worth of messages. You can only receive emails not older than 30 days, and it's because of the mail days to sync option that can be configured up to 30 days only.  You can search for older emails, once you reach the bottom of the page, just tap Load More (this option may vary).

A settings extending the sync duration would be a great recommendation and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Microsoft continuously strives to improve its products and to provide a better experience to its consumers. At this point, we would like to have our engineers be aware of the said concern. I would recommend posting your concern on our Outlook UserVoice. Through this, our support engineers will be able to collate data and supporting details regarding this and might consider adding the feature as a good ground for future updates. 

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back to Microsoft Community.

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Phil,

Welcome to Microsoft Community, and thank you for reaching out!

I understand that in this present generation, our emails are very valuable to us, and it's also important to keep track of all of the emails, even the old ones.

The Outlook app for Android is only capable of handling one month's worth of messages. You can only receive emails not older than 30 days, and it's because of the mail days to sync option that can be configured up to 30 days only.  You can search for older emails, once you reach the bottom of the page, just tap Load More.

A settings extending the sync duration would be a great recommendation and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Microsoft continuously strives to improve its products and to provide a better experience to its consumers. At this point, we would like to have our engineers be aware of the said concern. I would recommend posting your concern on our Outlook UserVoice. Through this, our support engineers will be able to collate data and supporting details regarding this and might consider adding the feature as a good ground for future updates. 

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back to Microsoft Community.

Hi there and thank you so much for your response, however, you say that If I click load more messages I should see older messages?  I do this but the most it takes me to is 30 days Max.  Is that what should happen or are you saying we should see messages older than 30 days by selecting load more messages? Thank you for your advice regarding this and I will use the Outlook UserVoice.

Kind regards

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The workaround to search for older emails tapping load more may vary since Outlook for mobile app can only handle a limited number of emails. Thank you for posting your concern to our Outlook UserVoice. A feature that can extend the limit of emails showing in Outlook for mobile app would be really a great recommendation.

If you need more advice from us, you can get back to us by replying to this thread or create a new thread using this link if you have a different concern.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 52,666 Applies to: