Outlook desktop app og:image preview issue.

I am having some issues regarding og:image (preview image) in the Outlook desktop app. But it is working fine for web Outlook mail. The issue also discussed here. The solution they gave is something like it occurred due to cached an old version on the Microsoft server. How can the problem be resolved?

|

Hi Partha3,

Thanks for writing us here in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are experiencing issues with the og:image preview in the Outlook desktop app. Let's go ahead and discuss this issue together.

First of all, I would like to officially inform you that the Outlook New for Windows is still in preview mode or infancy stage, which means that some features and functions are still under development and may change based on feedback from the first users, including you. For short, this version is not yet fully stable and there are still many improvements and updates that Outlook New to add before it will be fully released by the end of 2024. For more information, see Outlook for Windows: The Future of Mail, Calendar, and People on Windows 11 - Microsoft Support.

I'd like to ask.

1. Based on the metadata, you've selected Outlook / Windows / New Outlook for Windows / For home. May i ask if this was working fine before on the Classic Outlook version?

2. When did this issue start, and what changes has been made so far?

3. Is this issue happening on all image attachments?

Here are some steps we can humbly suggest for your issue.

1. Try clearing the cache of the Outlook desktop app. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Close the Outlook desktop app.

2. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

3. Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook in the Run dialog box and press Enter.

4. Delete all the files and folders in the Outlook folder.

5. Restart the Outlook desktop app and check if the issue is resolved.

Note: You can skip this step if the location cannot be found.

2. Clear browser cache and cookies. Try to clear your browser cache by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete and confirm the action. You might want to use InPrivate or Incognito browser too by pressing Ctrl + Shift + N.

3. Change default Windows browser.

4. Repair Office:

1. Go to “Control Panel” > “Programs” > “Programs and Features”.

2. Highlight “Microsoft Office” (do right-click on it) and select the “Change” button.

3. Choose “Online Repair” then Repair.

4. Refer to this article for reference: Repair an Office application - Microsoft Support

5. Always use the Outlook service to load images. You can check if this settings is enabled in your New Outlook. If in case not you can navigate to Settings > General > Privacy and data > External images. Select the “Always use the Outlook service to load images” option under External images section. See image below.

6. Sign out your account and sign back in to Outlook. Consider signing out from your account in Outlook, close the app, restart your PC, and re-add the account afterwards. To do this, go to Settings > Accounts> Hit Manage button next to your account then select Remove. Restart your PC and add the account again.

7. Rever to Classic Outlook/Mail app (if you are previously using Mail app). Try to revert to Classic Outlook or Mail app to see if that will address the issue. Review this article to see the full instructions on how it id done: Toggling out of the new Outlook for Windows preview - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have question or clarifications and I would be more than happy to address it on my next response.

Sincerely,

Froilance T.

Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 16 Applies to: